Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior Staff Engineer, ESXi今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1903702-2 掲載日 Mar. 11, 2019
ESXi - Business Summary
VMware is a global leader in infrastructure technology that enables customers to deploy and manage their workloads on the public and private cloud. At the core of that business, is ESXi, the most highly penetrated datacenter operating system and is the foundation of VMware’s SDDC stack. ESXi is a purpose-built, written from scratch and optimized for running the widest number of guest Operating Systems on the widest range of hardware and device types with extraordinarily high expectations for security, availability and performance.
As our customer needs change, our challenge is to radically evolve ESXi to enable new kinds of workloads beyond virtual machines, hardware that runs in the cloud and within customer datacenters, new kinds of hardware, while allowing our customers to make that journey focusing on their business not the business of managing ESXi.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
The Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) R&D organization is responsible for vSphere, our Core Virtualization Infrastructure, and Solutions for Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud initiatives.
We are seeking highly talented technical professionals to join our team who have strong technical depth, the ability to imagine the future, realize the future and drive the business to that future. The mission of the ESXi team is four-fold. The first is to imagine and create new ways ESXi can be structured to take advantage or respond to new kinds of hardware that are being developed like Intel 3DXpoint. The second is to imagine and create new abstractions that will dramatically enhance the value of ESXi to new kinds of application execution contexts like containers and severless computing. The third is to rethink how ESXi can be managed at scale both within and across data centers. And the fourth is to continue to optimize how ESX manages the resources of guest operating systems.
As part of this effort, you will architect, and implement new systems inside of ESXi that will impact the entire industry, and must work in the most demanding environments.
We are looking for engineers who thrive on developing kernel and user world solutions for the diverse, challenging problems in a virtual environment and have a passion for delivering well-architected enterprise-class products. Do you see yourself at VMware doing good work on a team that will propel you into the next steps of your career? Then come join the VM Lifecycle team and be a part of an organization that will help build out the next stage career journey.
- You will design, implement and test kernel and application code.
- You will build automated tools to measure, analyze and tune performance and scalability
- You will design and own key components of our infrastructure
- You'll develop flexible, reusable code that can be shared in multiple components across several operating systems/hypervisors
- You'll Interact with other product teams both within VMware and our partners, customer support organization and the release team
- Multithreaded programming, knowledge of distributed systems, server-side programming
- Strong experience with C programming and kernel-level code development and debugging
- Excellent understanding of system architecture and Operating Systems concepts including memory and resource management
- Must have Linux/Unix experience
- Excellent understanding of how to use various algorithms to write optimized code
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP protocols) and storage stacks
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of C++, and Python, Perl, or similar scripting languages
- Windows experience
- A passion for writing high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code
- Ability to work in a teamwork environment
- Excellent communication skills
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign