Careers in Sales
Senior Solution Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908386 掲載日 Jun. 27, 2019
VMware is one of the largest software companies in the world with about $10B in annual revenue and in excess of $3B in profit each year. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about server virtualisation and that this is old and boring. Although we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workloads running on our platform, the truth is we are a lot more than what you may know us as. Over 50% of our revenue now comes from our next generation platform capabilities. Things like our developer platforms which are focused on Kubernetes (and in fact 2 of the three founders of Kubernetes now work for VMware!), capabilities like our digital workspace which is transforming organisations employee experience for some of the biggest companies in the world, or even some of our more cutting edge cloud management and virtual networking capabilities which is bringing the cloud into everyone’s private data centre. You may also be surprised to learn that we are one of Amazon Web Services (AWS) biggest partners and are key development partners with the likes of Microsoft, Google and SAP. We work with over 4,000 other VMware partners from the very big to the boutique.
As a company we do not only believe in, but lives our core values and demonstrate them every day:
Execution – We execute with dedication focusing all of our tasks, both internal and external facing, for the good of the organisation as a whole.
Passion – Everything we do, we do with passion. We believe in what we are doing and the impact we can have on our customers and the world. Technology as a force for good.
Integrity – Without integrity we have nothing. Long term partnerships of employees, customers, partners and anyone else is built on trust and integrity. Short term gains are never an excuse for not having integrity.
Customers – Our customers are why we exist. Placing the needs of our customers at the centre of our thoughts and driving without compromise for the best outcomes for our customer are the centre piece of how we engage within VMware.
Community – We all live outside of where we work and in communities that are vast and different. We at VMware believe that we should do everything we can to support these communities to be a better place for all.
The success of these values and the dedicated team of people that have been drawn to this organisation have been able to produce amazing results both across the world and within Denmark. Due to this incredible success and growth we have the need to add more people to our fantastic team and are looking for people who share our values and can bring their unique experiences to our diverse and inclusive culture.
What is a Solution Engineer?
The main responsibility for a Solution Engineer is to understand our customers business objectives, to understand their individual transformational journeys and then to build out innovative and differentiated solutions that will help these organisations drive business outcomes.
What is the job?
In simple terms the role of a Solution Engineer is to understand the business issues and needs of our customers, and the capabilities that VMware have, and facilitate a meeting of the two. You will work in partnership with one or more Account Executives, who will normally have a laser sharp focus on all commercial aspects, whilst you focus on becoming a trusted advisor with our key customers, earn their trust and deliver amazing results. Furthermore, you will be facilitating interactions with specialists as needed.
What skills do I need to be successful?
You will need to have a broad section of skills and abilities, but namely:
- The ability to work with customers to uncover their core business drivers and determine how technology and digital transformation can meet these requirements (Solution Design).
- The ability to coordinate various specialist and other extended resources to ensure that the Solution Design is fit for purpose and meets all the technology needs of the business.
- The ability to think outside the box or even ignore the box altogether, to come up with innovate solutions and outcomes.
- You will need to be comfortable in speaking and building professional networks with all levels of an organisation, from the CEO to the engineers.
- You will need to be comfortable in a group environment and have great presenter skills, both in smaller and larger audiences. Part of the role is to evangelise our platforms and the past value delivered with our great customers and partners.
- You will need to be proactive, take ownership and drive initiative. You will be part of a professional and hardworking team, where everybody participates and deliver.
In addition to the above there would be some skills and abilities that would really help you be successful. These are:
- A good knowledge, and first-hand experience, of the software development lifecycle. Particularly a modern SDLC which includes Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps.
- A good knowledge of how IT Infrastructure and platforms operate and how they support business outcomes.
- First-hand experience in leading or helping to lead a digital transformation engagement.
What experience do I need?
As a diverse and inclusive employer, we are looking for the right people who live our values, who have the skills and abilities that we need and have a desire to bring these to help achieve fantastic customer outcomes. This could mean you have many years of experience in IT vendors. It could mean you have a consultancy background. It could mean you have spent your whole career working for corporate IT functions and looking to come to the “dark side”. If you think you are the person we are looking for, then apply and we can see where the journey takes us.
In short even if you ever thought that you wouldn’t be a good fit for a multinational software vendor, then you are exactly the sort of person we are looking for. We are doing things differently and looking to do things even more differently in the future and to do so we need new ideas, new thoughts and a new way of looking at things. If you look in the mirror and see a reflection of the above description, please apply.