Careers in Consulting
Staff Consulting Architect, NEMEA SDDC今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911124 掲載日 Aug. 13, 2019
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2018 revenues of $8.97 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 23,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
As a Staff Consulting Architect you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of our largest enterprise and global projects. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team you lead, and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Staff Consulting Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of projects, lead technical project teams and take accountability for all project deliverables.
- Strategically plan with sales, pre-sales and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to technical decision makers and key project stakeholders on your projects.
- Define and present a transformational journey to senior project stakeholders.
- Work with project manager on project budget, resource planning and all aspects of efficient delivery.
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- As an SDDC subject matter expert, you will be required to gather use case requirements for vRealize private cloud, VMC on AWS hybrid cloud and PKS container solutions according to Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services architect or consultant.
- Excellent documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to communicate complex technical topics to a technical and non-technical audience.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills, with an ability to utilises different styles of questioning techniques and manage conflict in order to achieve a resolution
- Multiple years of actively delivering IT automation / scripted infrastructure projects ideally based on VMware technologies.
- Familiarity with modern IT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network and IT Security) and hosting operation (Disaster recovery, SLA, Backup, Multi Site, Monitoring, AD & DNS…)
- Must be comfortable with up to 65% travel when required.
- Full clean driving license
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Currently holds the VCP 5.x and / or 6.x certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
- Industry certifications from vendors such as AWS, Dell, K8 and Microsoft
Desirable skills and experience
- A broad range of vSphere or vRealize design experience in medium to large environments
- Project governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
- Experience in Operation management methods and products
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies such as DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!