Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Senior SDDC Consultant今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912570 掲載日 Sep. 10, 2019
Senior Consultant – SDDC
Overview of VMware
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2018 revenues of $8.97 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 23,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
The global VMware Professional Services Organization influences the success of each VMware implementation. The Professional Services team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The Professional Services team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
The Senior Consultant is an advanced level technology specialist and subject matter expert, providing customer guidance by facilitating technical workshops, creation of low-level designs and implementation of use cases into high-quality solutions. In addition to customer facing delivery Senior Consultants also provide technical input to pre-sales and drive best practices in the form of white paper creation.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions
- As a Cloud Management subject matter expert, you will be required to gather use case requirements for, and create, test and release high quality vRealize, VMC on AWS and PKS container solutions according to Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Work as part of a wider project team or independently act as technical lead on consulting engagements
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of low-level designs while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Develop use cases into high-quality solutions in your specialist area
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables.
- Define project requirements/issues/constraints with PMs.
- Make accurate impact assessments, and raise, implement, close down and roll-back plans when required
- Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware pre-sales architects, engineers, product management and support staff.
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services consultant.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to read complex customer situations and adapt as needed.
- Multiple years of actively delivering IT automation / scripted infrastructure projects ideally based on VMware technologies.
- Expertise on VMware Virtual Infrastructure Deployment, Management & Administration: vSphere/vCenter is a strict minimum, vRealize Operations Manager, SRM, vCloud Director, vRealize Automation Center, vRealize Orchestrator
- Familiarity with modern IT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network and IT Security) and hosting operation (Disaster recovery, SLA, Backup, Multi Site, Monitoring, AD & DNS…)
- Must be comfortable with up to 65% travel when required.
- Full clean driving license
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Currently holds the VCP 5.x and / or 6.x certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
- Industry certifications from vendors such as AWS, Dell, K8 and Microsoft
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
- Experience with operations management and other orchestrator tools (HP OO, MS SystemCenter Orchestrator, Cisco Tidal Enterprise Orchestrator, BMC Atrium Orchestrator)
- Cross Operating System knowledge, getting at least administrator experience in both Linux and Windows world
- .net, java or equivalent development language experience.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies such as DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let’s shape the future of what’s next together.