Careers in Legal
Senior Employee Relations Manager EMEA今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1812546-1 掲載日 Dec. 04, 2018
We are seeking an experienced employee relations professional to join our Employee Relations (ER) team. The Sr. ER Manager will develop an understanding of the business and work effectively within VMware’s framework, core values and objectives in a global, high-growth and dynamic business culture.
The Sr. ER Manager provides employee relations and performance management expertise, case management and consultation for the EMEA region. They develop and leverage ER best practices and processes to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees consistent with company values, and local laws. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Employee Relations within the Human Resources department, and will be based in either Cork, Ireland or Staines, UK.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues and projects.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Investigations: Conduct Employee Relations investigations across multiple countries within the EMEA region including gathering and analysing facts, applying relevant laws, policies and past practice to reach conclusions and present findings for further action and proposed remediation. May handle both routine and sensitive employee relations cases. Partner with Human Resource Partners, Employment Attorneys, and other internal investigative bodies, as necessary. Prepare Investigation summary reports, track investigations in case management system, and draft proposed disciplinary documentation as needed.
- Case Management: Provide expertise and case management of investigations and ER issues, including performance management and case specific grievance handling from initial intake to resolution. Maintain ER case management system for the ER team, prepare regular and ad hoc reports, analyse, interpret and report on trends.
- Performance Management: Consult with managers and provide guidance to address specific employee performance concerns, including performance improvement plans and involuntary terminations processes and practices. Guide and train managers in overall performance management concepts in alignment with company philosophy, practices, and processes.
- ER expertise and inquiries: Provide general expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to managers, HR teams, and other internal stakeholders to address employee behaviour and performance concerns. Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for ER inquiries. Review employment practices and procedures for effectiveness; may provide input and recommendations for process, practice and/or policy changes. Partner with business leaders and Human Resource Partners in improving manager and team capability and effectiveness by identifying root causes to issues. Assist on Works Council matters with local HR partner as needed.
- Organizational changes: Advises and consults with managers, HR teams and Employment Attorneys on position elimination actions, including preparation of internal documentation in accordance with company policies, practices and employment laws. May be called on to assist managers in notification meetings, and facilitate employee separation processes.
- Project Management: Coordinate internal resources, develop and manage Regional ER projects on time and within scope, develop project plans, measure performance of the project, and create and maintain project documentation. Work with internal resources to continually improve and upgrade ER data and analytic capabilities.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
At least seven years combined human resources, employee relations or legal experience, and demonstrated passion for employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Solid understanding of UK employment and labor laws, and at least basic understanding of employment and labor laws in other EMEA region countries
- Experience with and use of best practices in conducting workplace investigations, including sensitive workplace complaints, across multiple countries in the EMEA region
- Demonstrated proficiency in advising and coaching managers on performance management
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to take direction and then work independently
- Self-motivated, team player and detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong partnering, diplomacy, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, influence decision-makers and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated orientation to flexibility and adaptability to changing business conditions and needs
- Ability to quickly conceptualize, think critically and develop frameworks
- Project management: Strong background and desire for project management with EMEA regional scope
- Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. Workday)
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in identifying areas for improvement and implementing solutions in employee relations
- Working knowledge of database software and creation of trend analysis for casework
- Law degree or Graduate degree in Labor/Industrial Relations preferred
- Previous experience supporting multiple countries in either an Employee Relations or Human Resources capacity within the EMEA region.
- Working familiarity with employment laws of one or more of the following countries: France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy and Bulgaria.
- In addition to English, language fluency in one or more of the following languages: German, French, Italian or Flemish.