Careers in University and Recent Grads
University and Recent Grads
Intern, UKI Commercial Sales今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1909705 掲載日 Oct. 14, 2019
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The role of the intern will be to support the business management for the UKICommercial business and success will be measured by how we are able to build repeatable processes for managing and driving the business across all the different pillars of the business – Sub 20k, 20-50k 50-100k, 100k Plus, ELA’s, vCAN, Channel, GAM In, OEM etc. This will allow the Commercial business to have better forecast accuracy in particularly around the Volume business and the 50-100k space.
- Business development – Whitespace management – Support Demand Generation workshops and track actions from meetings
- Marketing and Campaign tracking – Liaise with marketing to ensure we are working far enough in advance to maximize attendance and track by territory.
- Contacts Database – Ensure complete and updated for each focus accounts per territory (80 accounts from each 7 territories)
- Interface into the ISA team – Manage how we create effective lists of customers that we can drive leads to maximize return from business development
- Pipeline tracking and Dashboard reporting Authoring – Creation of reports to manage business
- Liaising with SFDC Support to ensure deals are closed in VMStar as they book to avoid double count in the pipeline - cross checking deals booked to correct territory and amounts.
- Team Meeting planning and logistical support
- Deal Registration support
- Liaise with Specialist Businesses to co-ordinate common data and language
Building on the Primary Task’s above concerning whitespace and demand generation, the aim of this critical project is to create a customer mapping of larger un-touched Commercial customers and creating a systematic go-to-market approach to enable the Vmware Commercial team to penetrate these new accounts and drive net new business. This would involve the following:
- Working with Marketing and the SE’s to build out specific “net new customer” collateral – use cases, customer references etc.
- Creation of standard proposal documentation that can be sent to net new customers as an introduction to VMware.
- Creating customer mapping documents (org charts) for potential new customers.
- Reviewing best practice approaches used outside UKI to drive net new business – interacting with peers in other EMEA countries and working with the EMEA Commercial Business Development function.
- Pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or relevant field of study.
- Proactive and organized person, who is a self-starter and can multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference
- Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Enterprise level experience and comfortable with executive-level management interaction
- Effective presentation skills
- Quantitative and analytical competency
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business