Careers in University and Recent Grads
University and Recent Grads
Intern - Communications今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908924 掲載日 Sep. 17, 2019
EMEA Communications Intern - 12-month placement
EMEA Communications is a key part of our highly successful VMware business. Our team of communications specialists create, plan and execute a variety of programs across our EMEA business to protect and build VMware’s overall reputation and position the company as a leader in cloud, digital workspace/mobility and networking/security. The team is crucial to ensuring consistency in the way that VMware is discussed both inside and outside the company.
In this role, the EMEA Communications intern will have the opportunity to learn and experience a broad aspect of corporate communications disciplines including public relations, employee communications, customer amplification and analyst relations, actively working alongside the team to develop skills and deliver outcomes.
The Communications Intern will:
- Assist in the implementation of our EMEA communication strategy
- Seek, collate/qualify and edit information for key EMEA Internal Publications and lead on publishing the EMEA monthly newsletter
- Maintain and update online intranet assets ensuring content is current, relevant and accurate
- Coordinate and develop visual reports to promote key communication programs
- Engage and liaise with public relations agency network to support on program coordination and collaboration
- Support public relations planning, initiatives and events; e.g. co-ordinating logistics for journalists, managing scheduling
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders at all levels
- Support brand awareness activities: e.g. build asset library, coordinate with internal stakeholders
- Provide support for key EMEA Events (such as VMworld Europe, employee All Hands broadcasts) including proof reading, collating information, assisting with employee communications, creating and updating PowerPoint presentations
- Program management – working with the team to ensure high quality execution of key internal / external publications and events
- Support the team on key activities - running and coordinating the content for meetings, presentation support, proofing documents, coordinating materials, hands-on presentation support, managing internal events, collating KPIs/measurement
- Undergraduate, who is interested in career in Communications (Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or English degrees are preferable)
- Good understanding or a desire to learn more about all aspects of Corporate Communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen interest in developing stakeholder management skills
- Motivated and organized person who is a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects with distinct and solid deadlines
- Fast paced, very flexibly with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent use of MS Office, esp. Excel and PowerPoint and creative flair
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
VMware Company Overview:VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.