Careers in Sales
Enterprise Tier 2 Sales Director今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910419 掲載日 Jul. 19, 2019
At VMware, we believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or the manner in which we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking.
We believe that software has the power to unlock new possibilities for people and our planet. Our software forms a digital foundation that powers the apps, services, and experiences transforming the world.
We also dare to reach our goals in a collaborative, thriving environment with shared values. The VMware culture is built on our EPIC2 values; the acronym EPIC2 (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community) represents the hallmark of our VMware culture, and what we stand for as individuals and as a community.
What We Do
VMware streamlines the journey for organizations to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and empower employees to do their best work. Our software spans compute, cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace.
We are focused on identifying the key customer issues in Digital Mobility, Digital Transformation and helping with them with their Hybrid Cloud Journey by leveraging our best in class Software Defined Data Centre.
Because we are delivering extraordinary business value, our customers are adopting our technology extensively. In order to sustain our growth, we are looking to hire the best talent to help us and our customers on this journey.
If you are interested in an environment that is open, diverse, inclusive, empowered as well as work that is both stimulating and challenging and are keen to learn, develop professionally and have fun, VMware offers great opportunities.
Director, Enterprise Sales Job Description
The Enterprise teams within VMware UKI are a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation our customers aspire to. As the Director of one of the business groups, you will lead a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the chance to craft and execute on your business plan through you own efforts and through the management of your sales team in collaboration with your peers.
- Core competencies:
- You will lead the Enterprise sales team – assign quotas and territories, coordinate with marketing the demand generation activity in the territory, assist in the creation of account development plans, ensure that field workload is prioritized, assist team members in the development and closure of opportunities, track performance of team members closely, ensure total customer happiness with VMware’s commercial activity
- Develop the team members – guide and coordinate personal development plans, coach and counsel team members day to day for their professional growth
- You will bring and help develop the team’s business acumen: able to work with the sales and extended teams to translate the customer’s business requirements into technology and service solutions.
- Executive Presence: you possess a blend of temperament, competencies and skills that empower the ability to command a room and hold business-led conversations at the C- level to support and enable the sales teams
- Collaborator: you excel at working collaboratively with the team, peers, supporting resources, partners, management and the customer
- Strong Communication practices & skills: Ability to write and speak in a way that clearly articulates a point of view; Understands how to involve all levels within the company (internal and external) with consistent, appropriate manner
- Forecast and deliver bookings in region, driving directly the larger opportunities by staying very active in the field and working closely with the team and customers
- Keep the team focused in the development of multiple end customers and prospects in the geographic region
- Improve the potential business generated by partners with end customers. You will identify where we can maximise the opportunity to scale the business.
- Encourage the team to adopt a solution-selling approach; orchestrate resources external to the team, particularly channel partners through which most sales will be fulfilled
- Craft direct strategic relationships with senior decision makers within named accounts
- The role, responsibilities and geographical focus may change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth
- Experience Required:
- We require all applicants to have an undergraduate degree. We would also love to see a graduate degree, such as an MBA.
- Demonstrable talent as a leader of individual contributors in a professional sales environment.
- Personal sales and relationship building credibility is a requirement, together with a significant track record of accomplishments selling in the enterprise market. Previous experience of working within a matrix environment would be highly valued.
- Strong people management skills including: hiring, developing, motivating and retaining high performing field salespeople with experience of handling any performance shortfall
- Strong knowledge of consultative selling
- Ability to develop new customers and to build business relationships at executive level
- Familiar with Target Account Selling or another established sales methodology a plus
- Knowledge of selling complex systems infrastructure products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age