Careers in Legal
Contracts Negotiator - Cloud Services今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914998 掲載日 Nov. 13, 2019
About our Legal Team:
VMware’s Legal Department is a global team of dedicated legal and compliance professionals who share a passion to understand and successfully navigate every aspect of VMware’s fast-growing business. As Fearless Legal Innovators, we lead with strategic solutions, inspire an ethical culture and drive VMware’s success. In November 2018, VMware’s Legal Department was honored with winning the Financial Times Intelligent Business Award for Contracting for making measurable improvements in VMware’s business through superior contract management.
VMware – Contracts Negotiator – EMEA Commercial Legal Group (CLG)
VMware seeks to add a highly talented individual to its Commercial Legal Group, supporting the company’s commercial sales business. This Contracts Manager position will be based in Staines-upon-Thames, UK. While the primary job responsibility is negotiation & transactional support to our EMEA based customers, you will form part of a new and growing team of Contract Negotiators working collaboratively with our CLG team, Sales organization, Deal Management Team, Finance, and the various Business Units in EMEA and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to our customers.
• Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, with a primary focus on cloud services and SaaS, but including software license, support, and professional services agreements. Advise on legal, finance and business considerations associated with those commercial transactions.
• Collaborate and partner effectively with the Business Units, Sales organization, Finance and Deal Management Team.
- Manage internal communications, facilitate escalations and approvals, address queries with our customers and external stakeholders.
• Assist executives, Sales professionals and other members of the Legal Department with matters relating to our standard contract templates and agreements already in place with customers.
• Regularly contribute to and refine templates, playbooks, and guidance documents. Support department-wide efforts to organize, manage, and archive contracts and agreement templates.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve negotiation & transaction velocity, efficiency and standardization that scales globally.
• Act as a fiduciary for the company in driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities.
• Provide training and counseling to Sales professionals. Coordinate with other groups within the global Legal Department on compliance matters.
• Bachelors degree; law degree is a plus but not a requirement.
• 8+ years of relevant experience with a high-tech company.
• Proven skills in drafting commercial transactions, including cloud and SaaS, licensing, support, and professional services.
• Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills that can plan, manage and conduct negotiations on a non-confrontational, win-win basis.
• Strong business acumen and a familiarity with GAAP rules and revenue recognition issues.
• Knowledge of the IT industry, data protection, information security, privacy, and the latest trends in cloud services are also a plus.
• Strong negotiation experience with a specific industry (e.g. financial services, telecommunications) is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a volume of large and/or strategic agreements and suite of agreement templates through collaboration tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, inter-personal skills and leadership skills.
• A self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution and teamwork.
• Track record of excellence and leadership in past employment and academics.
- Fluency in English required and additional European language highly desirable.