Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Staff II今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908194 掲載日 Oct. 28, 2019
VMware’s Office of the CTO (OCTO) is responsible for leading research and development across VMware in order to build upon our 20 year history of innovation and disruption. The group has dual goals of ensuring VMware’s technical future as well as advancing the state of the field; focusing on both internal impact on the Company and external impact on the R&D community.
OCTO is actively participating in advancing blockchain technology to provide the most secure, reliable, and scalable blockchain platforms. In order to remove existing barriers for adoption, there is a clear need for building robust and secure high-throughput, high capacity distributed ledger technologies that rely on careful distributed-system design and strong engineering. You can learn more about our Blockchain efforts on our blog here; https://blogs.vmware.com/blockchain.
With VMware’s vast experience in building highly trusted distributed systems, we have been performing advanced research in this space for several years. We are now building out a team of highly skilled engineers to build on this research for VMware.
Our unique vision centers around five points:
- Permission, private distributed ledgers, not Proof-of-Work
- High-throughput data replication, not quorum-based
- A world of many ledgers, not a global database
- Seamless core cross-ledger transaction support, no escrow required
- Built-in reconfiguration capability and membership, not just authX/authZ
We have multiple, back-end development positions available on the VMware Blockchain team ranging from MTS 2 to Senior MTS.
- Contribute to implementation of a blockchain environment, including but not limited to; the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, security layer, or distributed network layer
- Build rapid prototypes and work on fast paced projects
- Take existing prototypes to production quality code to create new products and offerings
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems
- Assist with debugging and verification of defects in your own and others' work
- Bachelors/Masters/or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-10 years of industry-level software development experience
- Strong backend development experience in either Java, C, or C++
- Expertise in one of the following: distributed systems, peer to peer networks, security/cryptography, or databases
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Experience with Ethereum or Hyperledger
- Exposure to multiple programming languages is preferred, as well as the ability and desire to quickly learn new languages and technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.