Careers in Client Support
Technical Support Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R03217 掲載日 Feb. 20, 2018
Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting by utilizing system administration, networking and storage skills. Managers of Technical Support are responsible for managing highly skilled technical support teams. They work closely with the Senior Management team, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
· Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
· Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
· Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
· Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
· Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase
· Help test alpha and beta products
· Experienced in troubleshooting Windows (MCSE/MCP).
· Experience with Server Management Software (HP Insight Manager, IBM Director, Dell Open Manage).
· Experience in troubleshooting Linux or UNIX and providing technical support to customers.
· Experience in LAN/WAN environments.
· Experience with kernel (Linux) or registry (Windows) configuration and debugging.
· Experience with trouble-shooting hardware related issues.
· Experience Troubleshooting 3rd party application integration.
· Experience Troubleshooting Operating system support.
· Experience Performance troubleshooting.
· Minimum 3+ years experience in software and hardware
· Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98, 95, and 3.1; MS-DOS), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Case/Customer Management skills
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional collaboration skills and a passion for problem solving
· B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
· Must have bilingual fluency in Spanish / English
Highly Preferred Skills
· Experience with database related technology and administration (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc)
· Experience with ESX Server and/or Virtual Center Server
· Experience with SQL query language
· Experience with SQL Server or Oracle dB (DBA)
· Experience with Remote Access Trouble-shooting
o WebEx or ILO cards
· SAN Knowledge
· Networking Knowledge
· Linux command-line skills and shell scripting and/or programming
· Experience in customization of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
· Experience with Servers (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
· Experience with Server Management Software
· Experience with Domain integration – Active Directory
· Experience with firewalls and security related issues
· Background in System Administration
· Portuguese language skills desired