Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
New Graduate - Global Services - Mergers & Acquisitions Project Specialist今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908735 掲載日 Oct. 21, 2019
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
VMware Global Services is the world’s most proactive, customer obsessed team delivering an unrivaled, end-to-end experience. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Global Services Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team is responsible for planning and executing acquisition integration activities across the Global Services organization, to help VMware realize the value of acquisitions by streamlining and scaling support for acquired companies.
- You'll be a key member of the VMware team that has built a rare business environment -- one of energy, creativity, collegiality and collaboration.
- You will join an atmosphere that is fun, casual and inviting. In keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial, start up.
- You'll experience an initial multi-week formal training to prepare you for your role.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned, experienced Project and Program Management professionals across Global Services and other business functions, assisting with leading strategic, cross-functional projects and programs to drive acquisition integration.
While in this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and apply industry project management best practices to real-life projects
- Train on Global Services (GS) M&A project methodology, including processes, tools and templates
- Apply project methodology to key projects across M&A projects and programs
- Have visibility and exposure to project stakeholder teams, within GS and across other VMware business functions
- Manage a project schedule and deliver results to plan
- Manage one or more projects individually or within a wider project/program team.
- Manage the delivery of the project within the constraints of schedule, scope and budget
- Contributes to development and maintenance of VMware Program Management Office standards, processes, and best practices
- Stay current on VMware services and solution offerings and industry Project Management trends, methodology and approaches
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Project Management, IT, Business Administration, or relevant field of study
- Strong interpersonal skills, including good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects
- Aspiring to complete Project management certification (e.g. PMP)
- English fluency is mandatory
- Graduates must have graduated within 12 months of the start date
- Knowledge with Project Management scheduling tools is a plus and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of applications
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.