Careers in University and Recent Grads
University and Recent Grads
Intern- Finance & Ops - Enterprise Data & Analytics (3 month contract)今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908937 掲載日 Oct. 03, 2019
Duration: 3 months
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you!
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Enterprise Data and Analytics is at the heart of the VMware. Businesses have more data available to them now than ever before, however, more data does not mean more insights or more successful business strategies. Our mission is helping our stakeholders and customers unlock the possibilities of data analytics to enable growth opportunities.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This position requires an individual with education and a strong interest in business processes and business intelligence. The person will be working on a range of Business Intelligence and data management activities to support the expanding needs of the Company. The reporting solutions use the most suitable environment, mainly Tableau, SAP HANA, SQL, Microsoft Office.
The role will be responsible for supporting Customer Success and Operations teams globally, working with colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEOs such as Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. The position requires a person who is motivated and organized, analytical, interested in building a solid business understanding, working on continuous improvement initiatives and expanding on his/her technical skills in respective systems.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support to stakeholders including answering inquires, investigating data issues, and creating reports and analysis to answer business questions
- Support group projects and discussions to improve processes, analyses and reporting
- Work closely with IT to solve data issues affecting business reporting
- Drive projects with cross-functional teams to solve ongoing issues
- Work with various business and IT stakeholders to ensure data is consistent across various systems
- Build business data analyses and dashboards in Tableau/SAP HANA BOBJ
- Support the delivery and continuous improvement of existing BI solutions
- Develop expertise on business processes, life-cycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions.
- Pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field of study.
- Detail oriented and results-driven mindset with the ability to take ownership and navigate through ambiguity
- Good analytical, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- English proficiency
- Ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Experience/Knowledge in the following is a plus: Einstein Analytics, SQL, Tableau, SAP BOBJ/ Webi
Please note that whileanyonewith a legal right to work in Costa Rica may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.