Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Sr Information Security Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910708 掲載日 Aug. 29, 2019
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to join the VMware Threat Management team. We build solutions and strategies for detecting and responding to cyber threats targeting VMware systems, applications, infrastructure, information, and users. The ideal candidate for this role would have 8 – 12 years of experience in threat detection, investigation, and incident response, with 1-3 years experience in the administration of Splunk Enterprise Security.
As part of the Threat Management team, you will be responsible for driving the monitoring and content detection strategy to detect tactics and techniques leveraged by threat actors targeting high-tech industries. You’ll leverage the latest intelligence and tools to create high fidelity, threat-centric alerting for the Security Operations team to quickly detect threats against our enterprise and cloud services, as well as our colleagues across the business.
This position is responsible for:
- Driving the development and ongoing tuning and optimization of security event monitoring and analysis application platforms.
- Forecasting SIEM Licensing capacity and utilization.
- Providing subject matter expertise on advanced threat analysis against large data sets.
- Contributing to the strategic direction for the next generation of security monitoring and automation response capabilities at VMware.
- Development of integrations with orchestration tools and cloud environments
- Developing and maturing active threat monitoring and response use case portfolio.
- Designing and implementing dashboards and data visualizations for various stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing KPI and metric reporting related the threat analysis.
- Maintaining current knowledge of emerging cyber security threats.
- Development, implementation, and improvements of internal tools for Security Automation.
- Communicating requirements for security tool alerting capabilities and tuning.
- Participate in evaluating, recommending, implementing, and troubleshooting security tools.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Required skills and experience:
- 8-10 years of experience in information Security, including Cloud Security, Incident Response, and Security Event analysis
- Experience in Splunk Enterprise Security
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
- Experience implementing security monitoring and response capabilities on cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure).
- Strong understanding of threat analysis and incident response practices and methodologies.
- Expert technical knowledge of Internet security, networking protocols, and related technologies, including IDS/IPS, firewalls, content filtering, and packet inspection.
- Experience with endpoint security analysis on Windows, Mac, and Linux host event data and related tools.
- Experience with security behavioral analytics platforms used for user and entity behavioral analytics and anomaly detection.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify advanced threats.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Availability outside working hours for high priority events.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Certifications such as GCIH, GIAC, CISSP, Splunk Certified Architect.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, RegEx, Splunk query language.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.