Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Software Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1915005 掲載日 Nov. 14, 2019
It is clear that customers are responding enthusiastically to VMware's Cross-Cloud strategy and the Cloud Automation Business Unit (CMBU) has a central role to play as we deliver a consistent operating environment across clouds. Our team is rapidly innovating for on-premises products like vRealize Automation while simultaneously building out hosted Cross-Cloud services that enable automated provisioning and lifecycle management of infrastructure, application and custom services. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate, and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibility
The VMware Cloud Automation team is looking for a talented Software Engineer to help drive the evolution of our next-generation Cloud Management Platform.
Are you passionate about crafting clean, maintainable code and building high-quality software? Do you have a strong technical background and experience developing SaaS applications? Do you enjoy working with state-of-the art technologies, programming languages, and open source frameworks? Can you multi-task effectively and meet bold delivery targets?
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, and improve features for VMware’s established and emerging cloud management products
- Engage with architects and senior technical leads to create and enhance complex software components
- Solve technical challenges related to large data set manipulation, high-performance systems, complex cloud infrastructure models, and application topologies
- Build microservices for distributed applications and develop a keen understanding of cloud architectures
- Create clean user interfaces using the most recent UI technologies and standards
- Initiate improvements to our products, tools, and processes by taking into account the global goals of the company
- Collaborate with engineers around the globe using Agile methodologies
- Demonstrate commitment to product quality and improved customer experience
- Feed a culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations, attention to detail, and professionalism
- Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems, and multi-threaded programming
- Excellent command of at least one programming language such as Java (preferred), C#, C/C++, etc.
- Experience writing unit, integration and automation tests for features under development
- Flexibility in learning new programming languages, frameworks, and tools
- Familiarity working in a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment
- Outstanding organizational, writing, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively work one one's own, within a local team, and as part of a large, geographically-distributed team
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- Exposure to cloud architectures and microservices
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems
- Prior experience working with Agile methodologies