Careers in Client Support
Technical Support Engineer (vRealize Operations)今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910114 掲載日 Jul. 16, 2019
Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products across three technology layers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, working with them via the phone, email, and screen sharing. They resolve end customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting utilizing a wide range of skills including virtualization administration, system administration, and software development.
VMware's vRealize Operations product has been rapidly growing and we need additional, talented individuals to meet our customer’s dynamic support needs. The vRealize product line is an enterprise-ready, cloud management suite that delivers the industry’s most complete solution for managing a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. This is your chance to be a part of an institution that has positioned itself as an industry leader.
The Technical Support Engineer is expected to be highly proficient with troubleshooting VMware’s operations products. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. The Technical Support Engineer should be able to quickly isolate technical problems in complex environments often spanning a large number of VMware and non-VMware solutions.
Is your passion with customers? Are you up for a challenging yet rewarding career?
Your duties include the following:
- Action all customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
- Resolve customer technical issues through industrious research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document and manage all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase
- Craft and handle knowledge base content including problem solutions, best practices, and informational articles.
- Deliver a consistent, positive customer experience
- Represent VMware, its shareholders, and its partners in only the most professional manner
Technical Support Engineer required skills sets:
- Experience in providing Windows and Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Manage, research, and resolve issues relating to VMware Automation Products including basic isolation of issues located in related third-party products
- Experience in performance troubleshooting
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory
- Superb communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills are a requirement
- Aptitude to drive complex application issues to resolution
- Familiarity with a variety of enterprise management tools and software
- Extensive enterprise level administration and support experience with all of Windows server operating systems, and workstation operating systems in large enterprise environments (thousands of systems)
- Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity
- Knowledge with Kerberos/Radius, Single Sign-On, and/or vIDM
- Experience with database related technology and administration (Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Experience with Cassandra, Java Runtime Environments, vAPP Configurations, REST API
- Experience with vRealize Operations or other monitoring software
- Experience with Server Management Software
- Experience with firewalls and security related issues
- Experience with SSL certificates
- Strong dedication to setting goals and achieving results
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in software support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- VCP, MCSE, MCDBA, and/or various UNIX certifications are a plus.
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.