Careers in Client Support
Technical Support Engineer (System Operations)今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1905755 掲載日 Apr. 25, 2019
VMware’s Technical Support Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting by utilizing system administration, networking and storage skills.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledge base
- Help test alpha and beta products
- Experienced in troubleshooting Windows (MCSE/MCP).
- Experience with Server Management Software (HP Insight Manager, IBM Director, Dell Open Manage).
- Experience in troubleshooting Linux or UNIX and providing technical support to customers.
- Experience in LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience with kernel (Linux) or registry (Windows) configuration and debugging.
- Experience with trouble-shooting hardware related issues.
- Experience Troubleshooting 3rd party application integration.
- Experience Troubleshooting Operating system support.
- Experience Performance troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98, 95, and 3.1; MS-DOS), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Case/Customer Management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration skills and a passion for problem solving
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware