Careers in Finance
Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Real Estate and Workplace Services今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1906454-1 掲載日 May. 16, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. VMware enables people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join the community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as VMware envisions and creates what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions it brings to market, the passion and trust it inspires in its customers, and the collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 14,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, VMware is passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community.
VMware Global Sourcing & Operations (S&O) are strategic business leaders who drive value through transformative sourcing and operational excellence. S&O has been transforming how VMware unlocks value to support its continued growth and evolution into a SaaS company whether in the technology we buy or the buildings we build for our expansion.
VMware Global Sourcing & Operations (S&O) team is responsible for ensuring VMware recognizes the maximum amount of benefit for indirect expenditure, while optimizing internal processes and managing external risk. This is accomplished through the management of all strategic sourcing activities associated with the assigned suppliers, spend categories and/or services. The strategic sourcing team must demonstrate integrity, responsibility, and leadership for assigned spend categories, strategy development and coordination of activities to ensure that cost and value-added requirements are met in addition to facilitating the negotiation and execution of any required contracts and complying with all processes and policies and reporting.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a VMware Strategic Sourcing Specialist, you will work with a geographically diverse sourcing category team and internal business partners to develop and execute our objectives in the Real Estate and Workplace services category specific to the Americas region.
You will collaborate with Sr. Managers, Directors, and Sr. Directors across VMware's Corporate Real Estate Workplace teams, supporting Americas field locations, end to end spend, and you will play a key role in the development of policies and processes that drive efficiency into the Real Estate sourcing category.
- Deliver results with high degree of ethics, integrity & passion.
- Cultivate communication and collaboration within and across organizational boundaries.
- Apply data analysis, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to develop and execute strategies that identify savings and value creation opportunities.
- Serve as a trusted business advisor to business partners, driving development and execution of high impact strategic sourcing projects and initiatives that ensures alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of VMware.
- Lead e Sourcing events, collaborating with business partners to define the scope, supply strategy and develop recommendations for senior leadership.
- Your contract negotiation skills enable you to develop and drive complex negotiation strategies including both commercial and legal terms, with the support of VMware Legal where necessary.
- Develop and maintain VMware’s preferred supply base for the Real Estate and Workplace category.
- Manage key supplier relationships with cross functional/cross business impact, covering multiple geographies.
- Ensure compliance with VMware sourcing and finance policies.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience.
- Bachelor Degree Required, Graduate Degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, developing and executing high impact sourcing strategies in a Real Estate or Workplace category not limited to (Construction / Interior fit out projects (CAPEX), Facility management services (OPEX), Lease brokerage services etc.)
- Sourcing experience in Americas region
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and establish relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Solid project management skills to drive and close multiple projects across a diverse team of stakeholders
- Additional purchasing qualification (CPSM, etc) is an added advantage.
- Experience in an indirect purchasing environment a distinct advantage, as is experience in centrally supporting the indirect sourcing needs for the enterprise.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong experience of working on pricing exercises, RFx events, contract drafting & contract negotiations.
- Strong communication, relationship building, influencing and business analysis skills are required.
- Ability to interpret/present/articulate analytical results to facilitate decision making.
- Be passionate about your work, with an open mind to learn and adapt to different processes & cultures
- Knowledge of Scout RFP or an equivalent ERP Sourcing tool an added advantage
- Fluent English Communication skills is a must
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.