Careers in Client Support
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (vRealize Automation)今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913691 掲載日 Oct. 08, 2019
VMware's vRealize Automation product has been rapidly growing and we need additional, talented individuals to meet our customer’s dynamic support needs. The vRealize product line is an enterprise-ready, cloud management suite that delivers the industry’s most complete solution for managing a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. This is your chance to be a part of an institution that has positioned itself as an industry leader.
As a VMware Technical Support Engineer, you will be expected to be highly proficient with troubleshooting VMware’s automation products. The ability to research problems and find solutions to a wide variety of problems is paramount. You will also need to quickly isolate technical problems in complex environments often spanning a large number of VMware and non-VMware solutions.
Your duties would include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Level 2 Support to VMware Customers and field personnel.
- Deliver a consistent, positive customer experience.
- Manage, research, and resolve issues relating to VMware Automation Products including basic isolation of issues located in related third-party products.
- Craft and manage knowledge base content including problem solutions, best practices, and informational articles.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in all VMware, Microsoft, and UNIX technologies.
- Work in for a collaborative global team environment and mentor junior technicians.
- Represent VMware, its shareholders, and its partners in only the most professional manner.
Required skill sets:
- Extensive administration and support experience with all of Windows server operating systems, and workstation operating systems in large enterprise environments (thousands of systems).
- Experience with basic SQL and Postgres database management and querying for troubleshooting purposes.
- Familiarity with various Hypervisors (vSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, KVM, etc.).
- Core understanding of Cloud concepts and technologies (vCloud Director, Amazon, OpenStack, etc.).
- Familiarity with Cloud orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, vCenter Orchestrator, etc.).
- OS Provisioning experience is also a plus (SCCM, WIM, KickStart, etc.).
- Real passion for customer engagement; interpersonal and customer service skills are mandatory.
- Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress.
- Familiarity with a variety of enterprise management tools and software.
- Strong commitment to setting goals and achieving results.
Education / Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience. VCP, MCSE, MCDBA, and/or various UNIX certifications are a plus.
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware