Careers in Finance
Sr Tax Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1915056 掲載日 Nov. 18, 2019
Tax Compliance Sr. Manager
Tax Compliance Sr. Manager
We are seeking a key contributor to the domestic compliance tax team, based in Broomfield, Colorado, reporting to the Director, Tax Compliance. In this role, the Senior Manager will perform a variety of functions relating to Domestic Tax compliance and tax accounting.
Tax Compliance: Responsible for ensuring proper compliance with the various requirements of U.S. Domestic Reporting:
- Preparation/review computations for completeness and accuracy relating to domestic Schedule Ms for US parent (Vmware, Inc) and subs. In addition, preparation/review computations for completeness and accuracy relating to foreign Schedule Ms for inclusion in the GILTI model;
- Assist with the Vmware consolidated federal return in Corptax;
- Be a liaison for the Dell (Vmware’s parent) consolidated return, working closely with Dell personnel on the consolidated group tax return;
- Review computations and returns for all separate state tax returns. Work with Dell to ensure consolidated/combined returns including the Vmware group are accurately reported;
- Review computations for completeness and accuracy relating to all state apportionment;
- Review computations and ensure timely filings for all state estimates and extensions;
- Assist with defense on state audits;
- Provide support for the US International group, Tax Controversy team, Tax Accounting team as well as cross-functional teams (e.g. Accounting, Treasury, FP&A, M&A and Legal);
- Assist with Federal/State R&D credit studies and calculations;
- Prepare/review technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos;
- Tax compliance software experience (preferably CorpTax) is a requirement.
Tax Accounting: Responsible for completeness and accuracy of quarterly and annual tax accounting components:
- Review quarterly and annual tax accounting computations relating to domestic and international Schedule Ms and other aspects for the US tax provision;
- Maintain and review the quarterly and year end state tax accounting models for completeness and accuracy, especially concerning changes in state law;
- Identification of uncertain tax positions and issues indicating a need for remeasurement of reserves or releases of reserves for federal and state issues;
- Review Longview (Tax Accounting software) inputs and outputs at quarters and year end for both federal and state tax accounting for completeness and accuracy.
In order to successfully perform these responsibilities, it is expected that the Tax Senior Manager will perform the following:
- Stay current on technical issues relevant to VMware’s Domestic Tax Operations;
- Communicate with the Tax Planning group to ensure that all transactions affecting the US tax area are correctly and timely reflected in tax accounting and compliance;
- Ensure that technical positions affecting financial reporting and tax compliance are addressed, documented and communicated to affected parties. This may entail both research by the Sr. Manager or coordination with external advisors;
- Manage accounting and compliance process with US International compliance and Global Tax Accounting. As needed, coordinate with owners of non-US compliance and accounting.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of US domestic federal/state tax experience, a combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- Strong tax technical knowledge in the areas of US federal and state tax.
- Experience in financial reporting and US GAAP accounting principles related to US and state tax matters, including an understanding of how federal and state planning impacts the effective tax rate is preferred.
- Corptax or similar tax software experience required for consolidated tax return.
- R&D Tax Credit experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to “translate” complex concepts and calculations to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to “roll-up sleeves”, with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to effectively manage staff and mentor and promote their careers.,
- Strong Work Ethic. Work hard but work smart. Go home, enjoy life. Come back refreshed.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent,
Master’s degree in Tax or LLM preferred.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.
Since our founding over two decades ago, our 24,000+ employee community and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries – from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation.
Every day, we work to solve our customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more – to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.