Careers in Client Support
New Graduate - Technical Support Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912927 掲載日 Sep. 27, 2019
VMware is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center and helps customers with their digital transformation, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do what you’ve always dreamed about? Work Here. Transform Everywhere. Visit: http://careers.vmware.com.
Our Global Services team is seeking individuals with a real passion for assisting customers and solving difficult technical issues.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide support to partners and customers using VMware products, trouble-shooting, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. VMware’s Technical Support Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products in over 100 different countries. You will support the core suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via phone, email and web.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to customer support requests, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Provide initial scoping of customer technical issues and engage senior technical staff as required.
- Collaborate with experienced engineers to troubleshoot complex environments, review logs and communicate detailed action plans
- Regularly follow up with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base and other resources
- Document case work accurately to ensure the correct level of detail is available for colleagues.
- Create new knowledge base articles, as directed
Required Skills or Experience:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in CIS/MIS, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Math or equivalent
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2008 and newer), Linux, x86 platforms, devices, and networking
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A motivated self-starter who embraces learning and new challenges
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Strong customer service skills
- High aptitude for learning new technologies
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.