Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Web Developer and System Administrator今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913623 掲載日 Oct. 18, 2019
The VMware Office of the CTO (OCTO) is looking for a web developer and system administrator. This design position requires someone with a two-fold talent. First, you must have web development chops, as your main role will be to work on backend development of various OCTO-owned websites. Secondly, you’ll be working on ensuring that our servers are working smoothly and securely. We’re not expecting you to be an expert in both. Rather, we are looking for someone who is looking to learn and grow into this role.
- Perform code reviews in above languages.
- Work in a dynamic environment where iteration and efficiency is valued over perfection.
- Database design and implementation experience.
- Configure/maintain Linux servers and web stack (nginx and passenger).
- Must have 1+ year of experience working in a professional environment.
- Examples of recently completed websites demonstrating familiarity in the following:
- Demonstrated experience in web development, coding, information architecture, and maintenance of websites.
- Experience in system administration, especially with linux, nginx and PostgreSQL/MySQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving and flexibility are required; also essential are the abilities to work both by yourself and in a team environment, to prioritize, and to take direction.
- Self-directed, with a customer service orientation and the ability to manage multiple and concurrent projects
- A passion for innovation and innovating.
- Fluent in Ruby with experience in working with Ruby on Rails with Passenger.
- Experience with CentOS (Or RedHat Enterprise Linux) and ansible.
- Familiarity with git.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Open source community experience a plus.
- A portfolio to present and showcase is a must.