Careers in Marketing
Vice President, Products - Blockchain今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1915006 掲載日 Nov. 14, 2019
Vice President, Products – Blockchain
Palo Alto, CA
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2018 revenues of $8.97 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 23,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
VMware’s Blockchain Strategy
Blockchain is an emerging technology that promises to change the world we live in. With VMware’s vast experience in building highly trusted distributed systems and our background in doing advanced research in this space for several years, we are poised to change the industry’s definition of blockchain and what it can do. We are building out a team of highly skilled individuals to help us build this business and change the industry. This is a unique opportunity to join an early business unit team within the Office of the CTO that is building a business from the incubation project that built the first service offering.
VMware’s blockchain service is architected to be a multi-cloud, multi-blockchain hybrid SaaS solution. Our team works on cutting edge technology to deliver unique services for enterprise customers wanting to leverage this new technology but need the robustness and performance that they have grown accustomed to in the enterprise. In this role, you will work with a team of talented and focused leaders while leveraging VMware’s Research Group, the open source blockchain efforts, key partners, and the broader VMware product and partner community.
Our initial blockchain service is in private preview phase, we are looking to build out a best-in-class team as we progress toward a generally available service. We are seeking high energy, talented leaders who want to be part of a team that is defining how blockchain technology will be used to deliver enterprise class DTL services.
Reporting directly to the VP/GM of the Blockchain Business Unit, this individual will have responsibility for defining the BU’s product and GTM strategy; working with engineering to build products for the enterprise market; defining the target customers/verticals and use cases; building the sales motion through VMware’s GTM organizations; and building the alliances and partner relationships needed to build this business. As a seasoned Product Management leader with a strong track record, you will build a best-in-class team of product management, product marketing, business and partner development leaders to define the requirements needed to be successful in this emerging market, the business case for VMware to succeed and the outreach needed to drive this emerging business. Understanding the market dynamics, the customer use cases and the solution requirements, you will define the strategic case for this business within VMware.
• Building a world-class product team - the VP must develop an exemplary team of product managers, product marketing manager and business/partner development leaders who can lead the company into this exciting new product segment
• Leading the definition of enterprise-class blockchain services and DLT solutions
• Overseeing the product definition from inception to product delivery
• Partnering with product and technical marketing to ensure the proper positioning and evangelization of VMware blockchain technologies within the broader portfolio
• Working closely with sales to identify selling opportunities and optimal customer engagement models
• Play a valuable contributor to partnering and M&A activities for the BU
• Nurture and grow partnerships, internally and externally, in order to continue to build out enterprise blockchain ecosystem
• 10+ years product management leadership experience, most of which is building and managing a team, ideally on new, emerging businesses that are inherently complex and not well defined
• Keen understanding of the opportunities and challenges of building PaaS and SaaS offerings
• Experience building and leading a strong PM, PMM and business development team
• Familiarity with recent innovations in software development and operations practices, including continuous integration/continuous deployment
• Strategic thinker with strong experience presenting solutions to senior-level audiences - someone who installs confidence
• Experience with building new businesses: from idea to revenue;
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or related technology field or equivalent experience. MBA desired.