Careers in Legal
U.S. Government Relations - State, Local, and Education (SLED) Policy Lead今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R186723 掲載日 Jul. 24, 2018
Members of the VMware Global Government Relations and Public Policy work with a small, high-caliber team to connect all levels of government to VMware’s business goals. The work of this team is to contribute to the success of VMware and the positive profile of its Executive Staff.
Our team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach. We are a small team that likes to “punch above its weight.” Under the direction of the General Counsel, team members also have the opportunity to work with and advise VMware executives, elected officials, and policy-makers.
We handle, prioritize, and follow through on numerous projects at a time. This provides an excellent context to learn the many aspects of VMware’s complex business as well as a great opportunity to interact with interesting colleagues and important government officials.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for assisting in developing and executing a consistent policy strategy to advance VMware’s policy and growth goals with an emphasis state and local governments. The goals of the program are to expand VMware’s thought leadership and influence in policy matters at the state and local level and drive opportunities for the state, local and education sales team. This will include identifying and influencing policies and appropriations that impact VMware’s existing and emerging products, VMware’s sales, IT implementation, and VMware’s overall reputation.
- Government Relations: You will work to position VMware positively in the marketplace
- U.S. State Policy and Government Relations Strategy Development: You will assist in developing and executing policy priorities in state, local, and education (SLED) activities
- Policy Advocacy: You will advocate on all levels of state and local government including state legislatures, Governors’ administrative offices, as well as select local government entities
- Collaboration: collaborate with internal VMware team, business units, and sales teams, manage state-based consultants, and work with trade associations and other memberships and influencers on strategy and policy
- Innovation in Everything: You should be willing to try new and unconventional strategies to impact policy while enabling VMware’s core business priorities
- Extensive, firsthand experience in a combination of roles including working inside state and local government(e.g. governor/mayor/legislature) and in corporate government relations, and/or with an association
- Strong understanding of state and local government policy and budgeting
- Direct knowledge of government and education structure and functions
- Experience in successful government engagement on both policy and procurement
- Experience presenting complex issues and opportunities to high-level officials and third-party partners
- Sound judgement, diplomacy, and the ability to liaise confidently, effectively and positively with internal and government partners
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines on multiple initiatives
- Self-starter and teammate who can set aggressive and achievable goals
- Ability to take complicated technical concepts and relate them to effective policy work
- Flexibility for work-related travel
- Relevant university degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Sense of urgency, agility, transparency, respect and collaboration in a team setting
- Passionate about government service and the role of government in society