Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Technical Writer in Information Experience今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910856 掲載日 Aug. 14, 2019
The Information Experience (IX) team consists of more than 110 writers, editor, and managers that work directly with product and project teams across the software development lifecycle to deliver documentation for major and minor releases of VMware Products and SDKs. We are seeking to hire a Technical Writer. Successful candidates combine an urge for learning new technologies with the ability to express their understanding of complex matters in writing.
The position is suitable for entry-level professionals who are willing to develop knowledge and professional skills in the field of technical communication. The VMware IX team provides coaching, mentoring, and a wealth of training and educational resources to sharpen the technical and writing edge of candidates motivated for a career in technical writing. It is never boring!
As a technical writer you will create documentation for technical end users, system administrators, and developers. You will author content in DITA and use a CMS to manage and publish it. Writing assignments can include installation guides, user guides, API guides, release notes, and online help. You will contribute to the production of video material for VMware products.
- Gather information by working closely with engineers and writers
- Analyze documentation requirements
- Develop technical content for VMware products in DITA
- Follow IX editorial guidelines
- Follow IX processes and best practices
- Create documentation plans and schedules
- Deliver against tight deadlines
- Support and contribute to departmental goals
- Test pre-release software to ensure technical accuracy of the content
- C1 English level
- At least 1-year experience in a technical role
- Academic degree in computer science, a technical field, or Journalism
- Experience in writing and editing content in English
- Ability to write clear and concise text following minimalist writing principles
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them clearly for a technical audience
- Solid planning, scheduling, and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of information design, structured writing, XML, and DITA is a strong plus
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience with Web publishing is a strong plus
- Attractive compensation package
- Learning and development program for the technical writing profession
- Healthy work environment - food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
To consider your application for this position, we require a detailed resume, a motivation letter, and a portfolio of writing samples.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.