Careers in Client Support
Technical Support Engineer, with German今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1901282 掲載日 Jan. 31, 2019
Technical Support Engineer, w/ German
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
As a member of the Global Services support team, you will work as part of a team with some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily via email and telephone
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
- Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase
- Position is based in Cork, Ireland
- Experience in providing technical support to enterprise customers or software customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in oral and written German & English
- Experience with operation and administration of Linux or Unix systems
- Experience with operation and administration of Windows NT or Windows 2000 systems
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Hands on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
- Technical Certifications (MCSE, CCNA, VCP, Linux Certifications etc.)
- Strong Linux or UNIX administration skills Familiarity with the installation and configuration of Linux or UNIX operating systems
- Setup and operation of TCP/IP networking on Linux or UNIX systems
- Good practical working ability with UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
- At least 2 to 3 years of related software and hardware experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
VMware extends many benefits to its employees in Ireland, including: free beverages and healthy snacks, paid holidays, comprehensive health cover, life assurance, pension, and share options. The company also offers extensive internal training opportunities and an external education assistance program to help employees develop both professionally and personally.
Our Technical Support Engineer positions are located in Cork, Ireland. A comprehensive relocation package is available for applicants who move to Ireland from European and global locations