Careers in Client Support
Technical Support Engineer - Skyline COE今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R189252 掲載日 Jul. 31, 2018
Technical Support Engineer – Skyline COE
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data centre to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data centre to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on crafting what's next in IT?
Why work for our Division?
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centres globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and authoritative documents publishing. A dedication to perfection and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues effectively and expertly. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills; and be someone who accepts challenges.
- Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or WebEx session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back efficiently.
- Regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Demonstrate internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Build new knowledgebase articles to bring together new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share standard methodologies and learn about new technologies
- Troubleshoot and engage with engineering on customer reported issues
- Able to handle escalations with customers at a technical and management level
- You will visit customer location to handle partner concerns and periodic synch up meetings
- Participate in testing alpha and beta products, help customers adopt
- You will be an advocate for virtualization
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical training,
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- 7-14yrs of experience dealing with various global customers, maintaining and establishing the relationship with them
- Capable of running status calls with the customers to keep them up to date with all the opened issues, and ongoing projects
- Experience in providing Windows/Unix/Linux/Storage/Networking technical support to enterprise customers.
- Experience designing and/or supporting large enterprise deployments.
- Good practical working ability with Windows/Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
- High communications skills and fluent in spoken and written English
- Work experience of 7+Years in Technical domain
Expertise in providing voice-based Technical Support is a key requirement.
CCNA / VCP / RHCE / MCSE / VCAP is an added advantage