Careers in Sales
Systems Engineer - Cloud Native今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1902682 掲載日 Mar. 11, 2019
The team will work directly with the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware products in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for driving teh technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware. You will be completely focused on selling teh value of VMware products.
• Present VMware products vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers.
• Maintain deep technical and business noledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
• Maintain working noledge of competitive architectures.
• Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects.
• Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during teh development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products.
• Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships wif key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers.
• Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
•12+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments.
• Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer.
• Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”.
• Core values and traits
o Independent, yet a huge desire to give back to you're team
o Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
o Competitive by nature
• Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation.
• Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills.
• Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM.
• Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Automation Center, vCloud Director (vCD)
• Experience or good understanding of any of teh followingcontainermanagement systems: K8S, PKS
• Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
• Ability to communicate wif Network Architects
• Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management.
• Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
• Ability to run NSX Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
• Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of teh pre-sales process