Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Staff Solution Architect今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911690-2 掲載日 Aug. 08, 2019
Job Title: ACE Architect – Networking & Security
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
As a Customer Solution Architect, Networking & Security you will use your knowledge and experience to help drive the VMware’s pre & post-sales product adoption and integration with key customers. We are looking for a person who has the right mindset to be a part of an elite team of solution architects focused on making our customers successful. You must possess a unique blend of being polished with customers and technical savvy; an out of the box thinker, and the drive to engage all stakeholders. Customer Success is a fast-paced environment where the successful candidate will wear many hats, and where your work will have a real impact on the direction of the Networking & Security product portfolio. You’ll be part of a bright team that embraces open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and a shared focus on customer success.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our Network Virtualization & Security products.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Virtual Networking & Security solutions, and feed them into our knowledgebase for reuse by customers and partners
- Recruit and mentor other technical consulting staff
- On-site post-sales product implementation and integration with customer's CMS, monitoring, and solutions
- Maintain per-customer view of reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and NSBU Product Management and Engineering
- Successful track record with software & network virtualization and/or cloud infrastructure experience with customer software integration.
- Drive client and internal resources and activities to ensure deliverables within scope and time.
- Manage project schedule, billable activities and deliverables
- Document best practices and all customer-specific configurations.
- Develop/improve workflow for more efficient delivery and reduced overall time to production
- Work closely with NSBU Development to deliver high quality, personalized support to assigned client projects. Drive customer satisfaction as well as product supportability improvement
- Ability to travel: 50%
- The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & Networking (Data Center Design, Network Architecture, Network Design, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services Solution Architect or engineer, preferably with an Internet or “Big 5” consulting organization
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- At least 2 years experience in a technical lead role for small-or medium-size teams
- Strong practical Windows Server or Linux systems administration skills
- VMware virtualization, networking and security products, solutions, and services.
- Network Security Tool and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Security/Trust Zones, L2 Switching and L3 routing. VLANs, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting, routing, VPN and network design.
- Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
- Network components such as:
- ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).
- Virtual networking components VSG, 1000V)
- BGP & OSPF protocol
- Cisco UCS storage
- CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet(ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Programming in Perl, Python, C/C++ or Unix shell are also an advantage
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Extensive experience in software deployment in large-scale services in complex environments
- Thrives in a small customer operation (tiger team) supporting sales in high-visibility key accounts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with product development team on problem troubleshooting and driving product improvements
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills
- Quality, out-of–the box thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
- Completely “gets and believes” what we are doing at VMware and shares our passion to do whatever it takes to make the dream happen