Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Staff SDDC Solutions Architect今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913749 掲載日 Oct. 17, 2019
VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), a VMware offering in exponential growth mode, is a hybrid cloud infrastructure platform for running modern workloads. From mission-critical workflows to containerized apps, in the private cloud, public cloud, and at the edge, VCF integrates compute, storage, networking, security, and cloud management services, to create a consistent, and dynamically configurable, infrastructure. For more information: https://www.vmware.com/products/cloud-foundation.html
We have ambitious goals to expand VCF capabilities by making it simple and extensible to deploy, run and manage these modern workloads, which are distributed, hybrid, multi-cloud and elastic, much like cloud services. Additionally, these full stack infrastructure clusters should be converted into programmable, intelligent, intent-driven software endpoints. Deployed, secured, and easily managed at scale, like a software CI/CD pipeline. The infrastructure is intent-driven, whereby an application can provide its runtime characteristics and requirements of the infrastructure and expect the entire stack to configure itself intelligently. The infrastructure also reconfigures or maintains itself on an ongoing basis, to support these hybrid applications’ dynamic and elastic needs.
The VCF Solution Engineering team is looking for a Solution Architect that is an expert in the areas of physical and virtual networking. Drawing from experiences working with customer and partners - large and small - this Solution Architect will be tasked with influencing software development and product integration that culminates in network architectures and implementations that will see VCF achieve its vision. The network architecture of the solution design will draw from established best practices while enabling a broad set of use cases and workload profiles. The resulting architecture and implementation patterns will be automated and supported by VCF.
Who will be successful in this role?
A creative and seasoned Network Architect with a 15+ year proven record in managing and delivering complex products, solutions and services in on-premise and cloud hosted settings.
You have understanding of software development and can effectively convey solution/network architecture details to a software engineering group that is developing product. You also have an attention to detail that ensures what is ultimately added to product is consistent with the solution design.
You should be a top-tier, driven and passionate on-prem, hybrid cloud and cloud native solutions architect, and have a consistent record of leading and transforming a complex product and technology portfolio to cloud services.
You will have successfully shipped/delivered creative cloud services or software products that have resulted in significant impact on customer or market outcomes.
Your experience in high growth organizations, deep understanding of distributed systems, infrastructure software, clouds services and SaaS will be needed to meet role expectations.
You will help lead the architecture, software development, technical strategy, software development practices and CI/CD pipelines for high priority initiatives in VMware. You will help focus your teams, establish a high level of team participation and interaction, serve as an inspiring mentor and coach, and ensure that quality is a high priority at every stage. You need to engage, influence and collaborate with Engineering and Product Management teams across VMware in this highly impactful role.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead and drive network architecture for solutions, software and cloud service strategy in the ongoing evolution, growth and transformation of VMware Cloud Foundation and Validated Designs.
- Ability and willingness to be a hands-on engineer; ensuring well-designed, high quality software resulting in high customer satisfaction.
- Be a credible technical leader, respected in the company and/or industry. Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity.
- Work w/customers, partners, product marketing, product management and engineering to advance product direction.
- Establish a strong collaborative culture with peers and other functions within VMware.
- Working with your peers, field services, principal engineers, architects, product management, and other partners to define the technical roadmap for the products and solutions in response to customer requirements.
- Be an effective spokesperson and champion for the engineering teams.
- Become a motivated product and industry influencer by maintaining deep technical and business knowledge of various market segments and of best-of-breed cloud software development strategies.
- Minimum of 15+ years systems architecture experience with a strong background of developing and delivering of complex, distributed, enterprise class software and solutions that resulted in material market impact.
- Deep technical depth and hands-on expertise in data center networking, network virtualization and orchestration; strong knowledge of L2/L3 protocols and VxLAN/overlay networks.
- Familiarity with SDN architectures and protocols including Open Config and NETCONF/YANG; solid understanding of API interfaces
- Hands-on experience with SDN controllers such as Cisco APIC, Contrail, Big Switch Fabric, etc. is highly desired
- Knowledge of network management and analytics; experience with network security is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in working on solutions that span networking, virtualization and storage domains
- Experience with system design suitable for future workloads, including Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and IoT is helpful
- A combination of domain expertise in cloud services, SaaS, compute, storage, network, security, management services and/or system-level software
- Experience of setting vision, building, leading and motivating global engineering teams at scale.
- Prior technical paper publications and public speaking engagements.
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better.
- An extraordinarily intelligent, rigorous thinker who can operate successfully among very bright and charismatic people.
- Equally comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as with business executives.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
Technical undergraduate Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree required, and an advanced degree would be highly desirable.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.