Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Staff Program Manager - Cloud Management Business Unit今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914166 掲載日 Oct. 19, 2019
Staff Program Manager - Cloud Management Business Unit
The Cloud Management Business Unit develops a range of SaaS and on-premise software for managing Hybrid Clouds and modern applications. The Strategic Programs and Operations team plays a critical role in developing strategy and execution plans to develop exciting new VMware products and solutions and make them successful. Our team works to promote a culture of agility, operational rigor, visibility, accountability, and data-informed decisions. We are responsible for leading cross-functional teams to execute the product roadmap. In addition, we partner with BU leadership to drive transformation that results in greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This role reports to the Chief of Staff and as part of the extended staff of the VP of Engineering.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Are you passionate about getting things done and continually improving process? Can you juggle a thousand details while keeping sight of strategic goals? Do you enjoy working with technology and engineers but also have a keen understanding of business? When tense situations arise do you remain calm, cool, and collected? Are you excited to help enhance a fun and inclusive culture? If you answered yes to these questions, then this role with the Strategic Programs and Operations team may be for you.
As a Staff Program Manager, you’ll plan and deliver a portfolio of programs within CMBU engineering and business operations. You will manage, coordinate and facilitate the execution of product priorities and engineering programs including cross BU product streams across VMware. Your work will help ensure, motivate and streamline the Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU) priorities.
- Build solid, integrated program plans as you will work with multiple business units and functions to deliver capabilities and value to customers.
- Proactively manage risks and dependencies.
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful communication to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Navigate challenging team dynamics with tact and confidence.
- Work closely with many different teams as a trusted and objective program manager, navigating challenging team dynaics with tact and confidence and following up without nagging or enabling poor accountability.
- Be a catalyst for change in the organization, ensuring that everything we do is aligned to the most important strategic objectives, leading without authority and leading nebulous change efforts.
- Drive multiple complex, cross-functional, cross-BU technical projects, operational reviews and interlock meetings
- Manage program stakeholders, keeping the team aligned and focused.
- Manage a cross functional project / solution team through the full project / program lifecycle to deliver high-impact results
- Ensure all key stakeholders are engaged and contributing
- Manage project scope including change requests and tracking inserted or de-scoped items
- Design and develop post-program reviews, provide feedback and required needs for future projects
- Ensure key messages (change management) are constantly pulled through with all aspects of training, comms, web content etc. for all audience segments
- Manage program and project resources: funds, headcount, external resources.
- Harmonize and manage entire CMBU program and project portfolio so all initiatives work towards our planning goals and principles.
- BA/BS minimum, MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in leading/managing large scale projects, including SaaS and on-prem engineering programs, global experience required
- 2+ years’ experience in little “a” agile (mindsets, behaviors, practices)
- Demonstrated ability of taking on complex business problems and building viable solutions
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving with little direct supervision. Ability to learn quickly and just in time.
- Extensive change management and product lifecycle experience
- Program/project portfolio management experience, managing a portfolio at a business unit or corporate level
- Considerable experience with MS office, project management tools, and Jira
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Very well-organized with attention to detail as well as work well in small and large group environments.
- Skill to facilitate large complex groups effectively
- Adept at quickly assessing and changing priorities, and working on numerous projects at a time with a track record of working in a matrixed, shared environment
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end program lifecycle.
- Some travel may be required.
- Domain experience in software virtualization, distributed systems software, SaaS applications, cloud, networking or security
- Well organized, detail-oriented
- MBA, other advanced degree, certification or equivalent experience
- Full-stack programs experience: able to dig in and figure out the details, yet roll it all up to an easy to understand team and executive level
- Ability to connect the dots between functions and processes in terms of broader business implications, including tactical, strategic, and enterprise dependencies, with an awareness of the up/downstream requirements
- Experience running Communications and Culture initiatives
- Budget and planning expertise