Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Staff II Technical Program Manager - vSphere今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913337 掲載日 Oct. 11, 2019
The Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) is responsible for vSphere which is fundamental to Enterprise, and Cloud solutions. In many ways, CPBU is the foundation of the VMware portfolio and is crucial shaping the future of IT.
The vSphere Program Management organization plays a critical role in developing strategy, and execution plans to introduce exciting new VMware products and solutions for the Enterprise and the Cloud. We are seeking a seasoned Staff II Technical Program Manager to join our ranks. Our team works to promote a culture of agility, operational rigor, visibility, accountability, and data-informed decisions. We are responsible for leading cross-functional teams to execute the product roadmap. In addition, we partner with BU leadership to drive transformation that results in greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This role reports to the Director of Program Management for Vsphere.
Are you passionate about getting things done and continually improving process? Can you juggle a thousand details while keeping sight of strategic goals? When tense situations arise do you remain calm, cool, and collected? If you answered yes to these questions, then a career with VMware might be for you.
As a Staff II Technical Program Manager, you’ll plan and deliver a portfolio of features and capabilities for VMware’s Managed Cloud offerings. We are looking for someone to:
- Build solid, integrated program plans as you will work with multiple business units and functions to deliver capabilities and value to customers.
- Proactively manage risks and dependencies.
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful communication to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You will also lead change and transformation efforts as needed.
Want to succeed in this role? You are:
- A leader and change catalyst. You ensure everything we do is aligned to the most important strategic objectives. You lead without authority. You also can lead nebulous change efforts.
- A driver. You are well-organized and you get things done. You drive the team to meet commitments and keep leadership abreast of issues and risks that might put those commitments in jeopardy.
- Agitated with the status quo. You collaboratively work with teams to continually improve our processes and achieve efficiency and effectiveness gains.
- The consummate communicator. You deliver polished, concise executive presentations that focus on the most critical points. You have great listening, written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate well at all levels (executives, peers, and teams).
- Diligent. You follow up without nagging or enabling poor accountability.
- Emotionally intelligent. You can navigate challenging team dynamics with tact and confidence.
- A thought leader. You understand the bigger picture and work to resolve key problems impeding the success of the business using your knowledge and experience.
Required Experience and skills:
- B.S./B.A. in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 10- 15 years of experience in program management, delivering enterprise-class software and SaaS solutions.
- Possess a proven understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving with little direct supervision. Ability to learn quickly and just in time.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment. Have a track record of delivering programs on-time and process improvements with measurable value.
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end program lifecycle.
- Strong leadership skills. Organizationally savvy with good social skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Able to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Well-organized with excellent time management skills.
- Considerable experience using with MS Office, Jira, and Confluence.
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an Agile culture using aligned frameworks such as SAFe, Scrum Lean-Agile and/or Kanban.
- Experience working with DevOps teams and/ or service owners.