Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Staff Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910127 掲載日 Jul. 17, 2019
VMware Cloud Services Platform (CSP) is looking for an Engineering lead to build and architect VMware's Cloud Services Platform to support VMware's SaaS product offerings. You will lead the compliance efforts with R&D Engineers as well as partner with various services to satisfy FedRAMP compliance needs.
About the team:
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service, and service providers to customize, extend and monetize cloud services. Our globally distributed infrastructure platform is built using a combination of industry-standard open-source solutions and internally developed applications, and is backed by the Kubernetes eco-system running on public cloud providers. The platform powers VMware's largest SaaS products in production, including VMware Cloud on AWS, so uptime and reliability are key metrics that directly affect the experience of VMware customers. This is an exciting area to work in which crosses multiple domains of expertise in a dynamic work culture. If understanding what value cloud can bring to our customers and experiencing what SaaS is all about motivates you, plus you are thrilled by delivering daily, then this job is for you.
Our group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organization, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and uses modern technologies such as Python, Java, Go lang, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, micro-services architectures and more. As a member of our team you will master the entire application life-cycle including application architecture and application deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to design and implement the identity capabilities for VMware services.
- You will be a guide in the entire application life-cycle including research, design, development, testing (dev owns quality), along with continuous deployment and delivery
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability.
- Develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software
- Challenge you to walk in a different path and to deliver quickly while maintaining a high quality
- Engineer highly resilient systems and be responsible for availability and scalability of the service.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion.
- Mentor and coach engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices.
- 7+ years of Engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable and resilient systems.
- Experience with micro-services development.
- Software development experience in building JAVA/Go applications
- Familiarity with public cloud architecture AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
Preferred experience in designing, and executing the continuous monitoring operations of FedRAMP authorized environment
- Significant expertise in designing robust APIs and well versed in data synchronization between sub-systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/ SVN
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Expertise with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools
Experience in monitoring of cloud based systems.
Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration.
Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
The ideal candidate must have extensive development experience with good taste in design and can provide architectural and modeling vision and hands-on technical leadership to a team. Past experience in large scale application design and development is critical. Designing for richness, flexibility, preciseness, performance, reliability and scalability is critical. One of the essential qualities we are looking for in candidates are those driven to solve unique, challenging problems, challenge the conventional wisdom, embrace diving into unexplored technical areas, creativity, intense curiosity and passion, willingness to take risks and unafraid of failure, willing to push the envelope.