Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Staff Engineer I - VMware Cloud on AWS今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911645 掲載日 Aug. 23, 2019
Within VMware’s Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU), this R&D team is responsible for developing platform and services needed for operating Software defined data center (SDDC) hosted on AWS cloud and other industry-leading cloud platforms. VMware Cloud on AWS is an on-demand service that enables you to run applications across vSphere based cloud environments with access to a broad range of AWS services. Powered by VMware Cloud Foundation, this service integrates vSphere, vSAN and NSX along with VMware vCenter management, and is optimized to run on dedicated, elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure. With this service, IT teams can manage their cloud-based resources with familiar VMware tools. For more information: https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws
You would join our team in delivering enterprise-class SaaS offering on top of VMware core virtualization products such as ESX and vCenter. You would be involved in all phases of the service development lifecycle, based on an agile development methodology. You would lead a broad aspect of design, deployment, and SaaS operations. You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged.
- As part of a team of engineers, design, develop, maintain, and operate a scalable service control plane, and dependent components including a highly-available persistence layer and messaging bus.
- Engage with and drive high-visibility DevOps process including continuous integration and continuous deployment with zero-downtime upgrades.
- Collaborate with multi-functional VMware project teams including VMware consultants, engineers, product management, and support staff.
- Understand overall network virtualization platform architecture and design best of class solutions that fit the product.
- Expert level knowledge of JAVA and OOP
- Top-notch analytical and great problem solver
- Ability to work effectively in a complex development environment
- Details and results oriented with bias for action. We move fast.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree is required, MS or PhD preferred
- 7+ years of designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable SaaS applications or infrastructure product development in an agile environment. Must be able to demonstrate significant contributions to past projects.
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework, Web Services, XML/JSON and SQL
- Knowledge of vSphere software stack is a plus
- Experience creating Docker containers
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Our main development technologies:
- Java, Python, Spring Framework, Maven
- Tomcat, RESTful services, XML/JSON
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign