Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Staff Engineer 2 - VMKernel Hardware Group今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913132 掲載日 Oct. 10, 2019
Business overview: VMKernel Group, Cloud Platforms Business Unit
The VMKernel team is part of the Cloud Platforms Group responsible for ESXi operating system and core virtualization infrastructure.
We are looking for engineers in senior positions with extensive knowledge in CPU, chipset, and I/O technologies, built career in operating systems and system software for a virtualized environment. This individual will design and implement novel operating systems techniques and algorithms for ESXi to take advantage of cutting-edge system architecture and hardware technologies, working with various kernel teams to design and deliver new functionalities, targeting virtualization workloads.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, or a BS with strong operating systems industrial experiences.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Intimate knowledge of OS interfaces to hardware feature and facilities, preferably with experience in a virtualized environment and IO virtualization area.
- Excellent understanding of operating system internal and kernel components, including security concerns and secured execution concept.
- Expert in low-level / kernel-level code development.
- In-depth understanding of modern Intel and AMD x86-based processor architectures
- Habit for writing high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of x86 assembler, C++, Java, Perl, Go, Python and other programming languages a plus
- Familiarity with multiple virtualization platforms, such as ESXi, ZEN, Hyper-V, as well as IOMMU, SR-IOV, Passthru drivers, …etc., technologies.
- Experience with System bring-ups, CPU, Chipset, SMP/NUMA, NVRAM/NVMEM, BMC/Service processor, ...etc.
- Familiarity with kernel performance analysis and optimization.
- Understanding of distributed system concepts, Disaggregated System/ Composable hardware, a plus.