Careers in BSCSC
Sr. Technical Support Training Specialist今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910089 掲載日 Jul. 04, 2019
Senior Technical Support Training Specialist
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. VMware enables people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join the community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as VMware envisions and creates what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions it brings to market, the passion and trust it inspires in its customers, and the collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 14,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, VMware is passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community.
About the Content Development Team within Education Services
The Education Services team creates technical training material to enable VMware’s the Global Technical Support Services (GSS) engineers; VMware’s Partners and VMware’s customers to work with VMware’s products. Our team creates highly technical content for all major product releases and collaborates with various internal business units. The Content Development team is a global team and has team members aligned to every GSS Support center.
What’s in it for you?
VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people. This includes a world-class support organization with unparalleled expertise in the virtualization space. The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
About the Team: Our team is responsible for developing Pre and Post GA technical training to VMware’s Customers; Partners and GSS technical support engineers globally. Position/Responsibilities: This position is responsible for developing and maintaining technical courses for VMware Global Support Services; VMware Customers and VMware partners.
- Training Content and Lab Development
- Conduct train the trainer sessions
- Collaborate with course developers to improve training materials and delivery
- Develop expertise in VMware products and become an SME
- Become a VCI within 6 months of joining the team
- Participate in post mortem meetings of courses developed and provide feedback to improve courses and curriculum
- Become an SME on a minimum of 2 products - one of which to be vSphere
- Spend time working with technical experts to understand products and how customers are using them
- Conduct customer webinars with engineers and develop content for these webinars
- Conduct customer event sessions for education as needed
- Develop technical courses for Pre-GA readiness
- Develop custom courses using and extending existing training curriculum
- Develop post GA troubleshooting modules and courses
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to validate course design and content
- Create Hands-on Labs for all courses
- Create e-learning and have expertise in e-learning tools and methodologies
- Good understanding of instructional design principles and methodologies
- Update and maintain existing courseware and labs
- Conduct ongoing meetings with stakeholders and communicate project status
- Partner with engineering to structure and design TOI (transfer of information) content
- Traveling 10% of the time
- Work with VMware's internal readiness team, technical publications, Education and systems engineering to ensure consistency of product documentation and training materials to exploit opportunities for reuse of these materials.
- Investigating, developing, and implementing programs for alternative education channels for customers and strategic partners, such as online webinars, eLearning, and technical awareness seminars
- Assist in interviewing and selecting new technical content developers
- Mentor new developers, and provide support to other developers, especially those based on-site
- Partner with other business functions to gauge the pulse and need of the customer and tie that back into course materials
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience developing technical training materials
- 5+ years’ experience in technical industry
- Knowledge of systems administration, networking, client/server applications and hardware configuration
- Strong knowledge of systems administration in Linux/UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Ability to write scripts and simple programs
- Good practical working ability with Linux and/or Windows utilities and applications
- Experience doing and/or teaching one or more of the following: Linux/UNIX System Administration, Server Hardware Maintenance, x86 Hardware Configuration, Windows 2000+ Server Systems Administration, Storage Area Networks, Linux/UNIX Kernel Configuration & Tuning, Windows Server and Network Configuration
- Experience using instructional design models, including:
- Analysing audience needs and tying them to business requirements
- Designing and developing student and instructor guides
- Creating tests and practical lab activities
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.