Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sr Technical Partner Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912556 掲載日 Sep. 18, 2019
Ecosystem Services is seeking a Senior Technical Partner Manager to drive engineering relationship with our top tier/global OEM partners. These engineering relationships are critical to VMware as a company and to the VMware business units that depend on hardware technology.
The Senior Technical Partner Manager will take responsibility for fostering and advancing engineering relationships with the partner. In particular, the partner manager will provide leadership on establishing technical strategic goals, leading successful joint initiatives, orchestrating effective communication and collaboration across VMware and partner technology teams.
To be effective, the Partner Manager will need to develop basic but broad knowledge of the partner's products, solutions, and technical strategic initiatives and align those with VMware’s.
This role involves Cross-Business Unit orchestration so the Technical Partner Manager should have a technical understanding of VMware's product portfolio in order to drive communication and collaboration on engineering topics between BU's and partners. The role requires both partner-facing and engaging the appropriate VMware BU teams and leaders and ensuring potentially impactful partner-related issues and opportunities making it a highly visible role across VMware Product Engineering and Executive teams.
The Senior Technical Partner Manager function will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership on prioritization of joint work streams and discussions between the BU and partners
- Collaborate with BU specialists to drive and track progress of BU/partner engineering activities
- Own and lead regular roadmap alignment including QTR's and update meetings; track and manage all VMware-Partner Action items and lead new engineering workstreams as a result
- Coordinate with other BUs as needed to proper ownership of workstreams
- Drive and track collaboration between the partner and BU owners on the resolution of engineering escalations
- Drive and align Partner-VMware technical strategic goals across all partner; VMware technology and alliances teams
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Deep technical ability and can acquire new technology concepts quickly.
- Architectural level proficiency on Hardware and CPU technologies.
- Deals well with ambiguity.
- Strong partner/customer relationship skills and ability to communicate across a matrix organization internally and externally.
- Leads with confidence and with little supervision.
- Ability to determine direction and drive discussions with groups outside of immediate influence or control.
- Strong communication; interpersonal and cross-functional collaborative skills a must
Bachelor’s Degree required. MS/MBA preferred.
7+ years Engineering Program Management experience in partner /customer facing role.
PMP/PMI certification or equivalent.
ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred.