Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Sr. Staff Engineer - Networking Architect今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913221 掲載日 Oct. 16, 2019
Sr. Staff Engineer, VMware Cloud Foundation
VMware, Inc. Palo Alto, CA.
VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), a VMware offering in exponential growth mode, is a hybrid cloud platform to run modern workloads, from mission-critical workflows to containerized apps, in the private cloud, public cloud, and at the edge. VCF integrates compute, storage, networking, security, and cloud management services to provide a best hybrid cloud platform for all types of workloads.
We have ambitious goals to expand VCF platform in a way that makes it simpler to run all modern workloads, which are distributed, hybrid, multi-cloud and elastic. That involves turning these full stack infrastructure clusters, hardware(s) plussoftware(s), into programmable, intelligent, intent-driven software endpoints. deployed, secured, and easily managed at scale, like a software CI/CD pipeline.
We are looking for a Sr. Staff Engineer to lead and accelerate our journey towards this vision - combining physical network infrastructure with a full virtualization stack around NSX product and a broader solution portfolio covering networking and security services. The architect will also work with connecting on-premise cloud to public cloud services into a consistent platform that is simple and efficient - working with our amazing team and other VMware architects, products and services.
You are an innovative, visionary, experienced and articulate software architect and developer, with a deep understanding of networking and security services, distributed systems, networking hardware/software and system-level management software. You have 12+ years of proven track record of delivering complex enterprise software, delivering the very best customer outcomes.
At VMware, we have a proven track record of transforming our customers' world for the better. Come help drive the next wave of innovation to accelerate that transformation and create technology for a better world.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead and drive architecture, design to create and deliver all aspects of networking and security services for the SDDC Manager product, VCF platform and contribute to overall systems architecture.
- Be a hands-on engineer with Java and technologies used in building distributed systems; ensure software built is well designed, high quality that delights customers.
- Collaborate with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute product goals and drive the technical roadmap in the fast moving SDDC and hybrid cloud architecture.
- Open up the boundaries in adopting new VMware technologies, best design practices to ensure VCF is the best platform for the hybrid cloud use cases on networking and security.
- Be an effective spokesperson and champion for the engineering teams
- Mentor and develop engineers to build a strong engineering bench. Promote a culture of innovation, pride, performance, and disciplined execution.
- Help recruit and maintain excellent and diverse engineering talent.
- 12-15+ years of engineering experience with designing, developing and delivering solid products to enterprise or cloud software that resulting in significant business outcomes.
- Proven track record of building systems from scratch and leading a team through all phases of the development cycle while delivering a quality product.
- Proven knowledge of SDN architectures and principles; knowledge of network virtualization, NFV, network and security services in modern data centers is a plus. Working knowledge of hypervisors, container engines, VM/container orchestration tools.
- Knowledge in physical networking, including routing, switching, and transport protocols, datacenter networking, network automation, overlay networks and network security is meaningful to this role
- Seasoned working with fellow senior engineers, product management, senior management, and other stakeholders to set vision and define technical roadmaps
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Be hands on with design, coding and code reviews. Experience building micro-services and APIs that can be deployed and run in multiple clouds or private data-centers at scale.
- Ability to lead and mentor engineers globally, be a champion for creative technical trends and promote an inclusive culture.
- Excellent organization as well as communication skills, both written and oral.
- Deep understanding of software architecture, software defined data center VMware Validated Designs (VVD), cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures.
- Virtualization technologies, centralized networking, security management, Containerization stacks are all big pluses
- Enthusiasm and committed to learn and work on the edge of creativity of software defined data centers and networking.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring a diverse team. Track record in large scale system software development life cycle.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a related discipline required. An advanced degree (MS or PhD) is highly desirable.