Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Sr. MTS今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911551 掲載日 Aug. 15, 2019
Business overview: VMKernel Group, Cloud Platforms Business Unit
The VMKernel team is part of the Core Platforms Group responsible for ESXi operating system and core virtualization infrastructure.
We are looking for engineers interested in operating systemsand system softwarein a virtualized environment. Engineers get to design and implement novel operating systems techniques and algorithms for ESXi. You will work with various kernel teams to design and deliver new functionality, mainly targeted for virtualizationworkloads. This position entails developing operating systems software to enable new hardwarefeatures and architectures in a virtualized environment.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, or a BS with strong operating systems industrial experiences.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Intimate knowledge of OS interfaces to hardware feature and facilities, preferably with experience in a virtualized environment and IOvirtualization area.
- Excellent understanding of operating system concepts and kernelcomponents.
- Experience with low-level / kernel-level code development.
- Good understanding of modern Intel and AMD x86-based processor architectures
- Experience with writing high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of x86 assembler, C++, Java, Perl, Go, Python and other programming languages a plus
- Familiarity with multiple virtualization platforms, such as ESXi, ZEN, Hyper-V, as well as IOMMU, SR-IOV, Passthrudrivers,...etc, technologies.
- Experience with System bring-ups, CPU, Chipset, SMP/NUMA, NVRAM/NVMEM, BMC/Service processor, ...etc.
- Familiarity with kernel performance analysis and optimization.
- Understanding of distributed system concepts, Disaggregated System/ Composable hardware, a plus.
- Experience in designing and developing kernel level projects
- Hands on in developing modular and extensible code.