Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Sr.MTS今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911184 掲載日 Aug. 07, 2019
Ensure that VMware Cloud on AWS operates at high reliability and performance at scale with minimum human touch for our customers.
The VMC on AWS Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for quality software developers with a diverse set of experiences and skill sets to build and run the exciting new VMWare Cloud on AWS services. As a SDDCaaS SRE developer you will provide service insight, response, and service management to maintain high service reliability with low touch through extensible services/platforms, standardized processes, data insights, and product input.
Responsibilities for Service Health, Optics, Service Management, Orchestration, and Remediation & Troubleshooting
By joining our diverse team you will be responsible for the VMC on AWS service and all aspects of it in production including the user experience. This includes designing and developing solutions to improve service optics, availability, performance, and security. You will build services that enrich monitoring and automation through data analytics and applied tooling (ML, Clustering, anomaly detection, AI, etc.). Through Service Response (Incident management, problem management, and participation on the globally staffed Service Watch) you will use metrics and optics systems to ensure performance, scalability, and stability. You will ensure proper metrics are implemented to measure service health and drive error budgeting. Through partnerships you foster with the development teams you will support new features, services, releases, and become an authority in our services. You will focus on building solutions to better operate our services at scale: auto remediation, reducing manual intervention during production incidents, service metrics, optics, monitoring, process automation, data integrity, and service turn-up/ turn-down.
Requirements and Preferred skills:
· Experience administrating, operating, troubleshooting, and engineering scalable online services
· Proficient in a common scripting language (java, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.)
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking, and data analysis skills (applications, storage, networking, service systems)
· Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
· Able to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new variables
· Professional and open-minded attitude
· Be part of a 7x24 service watch rotation, using a follow the sun model
· BS in Computer Science or related technical field, OR equivalent industry experience.
· 8+ year Experience as DevOps, Operations Engineer, or SRE (development for large online services)
· 8+ year Experience building and operating highly available and scalable infrastructure solutions
· 8+ year Experience in one or more programming languages like: Java, Python, Go
· A tenacious ability to diagnose and fix performance and reliability problems
· Experience with container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Docker Native Orchestration, Mesos, Docker Swarm).
· Experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.) and/or search-based datastores and libraries (Lucene, Solr, etc.).
· Experience with Linux administration
· Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, or Chef
· Experience in VMware products, specifically Cloud related solutions such as: vSphere, vCenter, ESXi/ESX or contending cloud solutions and products.
· Experience with one or more of the following: Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Clustering, Anomaly detection, A/B testing
· Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
· Experience in monitoring of cloud based systems
· Operational experience with networking (WAN or LAN) and an understanding of network theory
· Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
· You are able to document and version APIs
· Experience with monitoring (external/internal) and automation
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.