Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sr. Director, Sales Operations今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913827 掲載日 Oct. 15, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Director, Americas Sales Operations will be responsible for driving and optimizing the performance of the Americas Sales organization. This high impact operational leadership role will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on sales productivity as well as driving key strategic and operational initiatives to improve sales effectiveness and efficiency across multiple sales channels.
Successful candidates will apply advanced analytical and problem solving skills to drive the desired behaviors in our sales leaders and individual sales contributors to leverage best practices and improve performance. The Sr. Director will build a high performing team, with a continuous improvement mindset, agile and collaborative execution.
This position will partner with sales leaders, worldwide sales operations, product management and other support functions to provide and receive feedback on what is working and what needs to be changed. Successful candidates will be able to take the feedback and turn it into actionable projects and programs to increase sales effectiveness and results.
- Analyze the performance of the sales organization throughout the sales process to identify areas of concern and best practices. Use this analysis to provide feedback and areas of focus to improve performance
- Develop key metrics to be communicated across the sales organization and to leadership that provide insights into the sales planning, process and effectiveness of the sales organization
- Create, maintain, drive adoption of a sales KPI dashboard that quickly and easily shows the performance of the sales organization.
- Manage sales analytics and providing detailed and accurate sales metrics to measure effectiveness of the sales team and ROI of new sales initiatives
- Coach and mentor sales leaders through the rollout of new programs and initiatives to ensure successful rollout and adherence to programs
- Manage the quota and territory assignment processes to maximize sales productivity
- Drive planning activities to align with the Sales Leader strategic priorities
- Support and execute on company GTM evolution and new solutions/services introduction
- Drive Talent development inside his/her team and in the Sales Ops community.
- 10+ years of work experience in sales operations, strategy/consulting and/or operations roles
- 5 years' experience directly leading a team (Manager of Managers)
- Excellent analytical skills to compile large amounts of data into an understandable format for decision-making
- Significant data analytics, reporting and interpretation experience to support sales operations across product lines
- Superior analytic and problem solving skills with demonstrated experience in driving decision making
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong record of leadership and ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Recognized leadership skills to build and develop a highly performant team
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop analytical frameworks to solve complex business issues
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience using CRM applications; Salesforce.com or Oracle a plus
- Enterprise software sales experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; MBA a plus
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.