Careers in Sales
Specialist Systems Engineer, Cloud Management今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911415 掲載日 Aug. 01, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Our customers are in a state of continuous transformation, leveraging a combination of public and private clouds as a means to innovate. VMware is surging on record growth, to meet this demand, we are hiring.
Join our dynamic company and become part of our specialist pre-sales engineering team.
This position is focused on VMware’s Cloud Management Platform www.vmware.com/au/solutions/virtualization/cloud-management-platform. The Specialist Systems Engineer (SE) will focus on helping our customers to bring modern automation and operation capabilities across both private, hybrid and multi-cloud solutions in the enterprise, government, and commercial space.
Preferred skills and experience with private and public clouds, infrastructure-as-code (IaC). Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, NodeJS, etc.) and infrastructure or application monitoring is desirable.
The role is a member of technical staff who can work in a multi-discipline sales environment to contribute to comprehensive hybrid cloud opportunities.
Finally, members of this team will also be responsible for educating other people at VMware, as well as our partners and customers. Being on this team means sharing what you have learned, from time to time.
This role is right for you if you are an enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality. You will also need strong customer facing and relationship building skills, along with question based selling skills within the field of technology to succeed in this role. Please read on and apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We strive to help our customers deliver the self-service portals that will delight their end users. We educate them on the path to automating everything in the private and public clouds. It’s not just Virtual Machines, Containers or Kubernetes we are delivering but also the security and networks to go with them
You will learn new things on this team!
As a Specialist SE, the majority of time you will be in front of customers educating them on the power and business benefits of our solutions. When not with customers, you will be supporting the extended team and staying in touch with the business units. As a member of the SE team will also be responsible for educating other people at VMware, as well as our partners and customers.
Required skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Public Cloud Infrastructure & Network Architecture, Virtualization, Application Management and Security
- Evangelize VMware’s strategy driving product capability demonstrations to customer executives and technical leaders
- Lead Proof-of-Concept (POC) exercises for VMware Cloud Management products in customer environments to validate solutions
- Lead technical validation for Cloud Management opportunities
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of Cloud Management Platforms, IT Automation and related tooling, industry directions and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- Ability to distill complex solutions into simpler, visual chunks regular people can understand
- Ability and experience to present sales and technical material to both small and large audiences
- Ability to view change as an opportunity to thrive
- Exceptional learning, communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years' experience in customer-facing positions such as a technical pre-sales, professional services consultant, solutions architect, customer engineer, etc.
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Travel up to 30% of the time
- Experience with IT automation and orchestration tools
- Technical proficiency with both mainstream and emerging automation and configuration management solutions. Some examples include – VMware’s Cloud Automation Services, vRealize Automation and Operations, vReaize Orchestrator, Terraform, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Openstack, Salt, Docker, Github, Kubernetes, etc. You don’t need to know them all but a few is beneficial
- Experience with Public Cloud environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, supporting DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline efforts, as well as infrastructure design and development
- Knowledge of VMware’s full Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack
- Our team looks for individuals who embody our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Read more about these values on our website. https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware
- The ability to present extemporaneously
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a positive and productive work place (We have been on list of 100 best places to work for in the country for several years), a comprehensive benefit package and competitive compensation.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.