Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Software Engineer - VMC on Dell EMC今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1915145 掲載日 Nov. 13, 2019
VMC on Dell EMC is a brand-new service from VMware that is at the heart of VMware's hybrid cloud story. This service extends VMware Cloud to deliver the SDDC infrastructure and hardware as-a-service to customers’ on-premises locations. This service is getting a lot of attention due to increase in need for edge computing. As industry shifts from centralized intelligence to distributed edge intelligence, edge computing presents great opportunities for growth and innovation. As the leader of private, public and hybrid cloud, VMware is extending its offering to the edges, and bringing benefits of cloud to the edge. In addition to managing edge environments, we are extending to managing on-prem customer data-centers.
As a member of our team, you will play a key role in understanding customer use cases and defining the end–to-end behavior of the solution. This solution will involve developing a highly scalable SaaS service, an easy to use on-prem hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) with industry-leading software defined networking solution, NSX and also include our SD-WAN solution, Velocloud.
- hands-on experience with Java based development projects
- Solid background in OOP, object and data modeling using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong algorithmic and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with world-class software development teams and projects through multiple releases.
- Understanding of one or more of the key areas of the solution like Distributed Computing, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, SaaS, Microservices, or DevOps
- Proficiency in modern software architecture using CI/CD, Micro Services, Infrastructure-as-Code and other DevOps techniques.
- Development experience using RESTful APIs, SpringBoot, horizontal scalability, micro services, high availability principles.
- Experience in automating, orchestrating and running large scale IaaS systems are a plus.
- Expertise in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker with experience in developing services on AWS
- Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products, like VMware Cloud on AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX
- Knowledge and experience in implementing software defined networking and cloud networking like VPCs, VPN, IP-Sec Tunnels, and implementing networking in virtualized environments
- Knowledge of L2/L3 Networking protocols, Routing Protocol integration(OSPF, BGP, Multicast), MPLS, Security concepts(IKE, IPSeC, PKI), WAN optimization techniques and QoS fundamentals.
- Experience in configuration or management of network switches
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products like NSX, Velocloud is a huge plus
For more information, see this blog - https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2019/04/announcing-vmware-cloud-on-dell-emc.html