Careers in Sales
Senior Systems Engineer, vSAN今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907082 掲載日 Jun. 17, 2019
VCF SE Job Description
As a VCF SE, you will collaborate very closely with Account Teams to drive VMware VCF and VSAN business in Great China Region.
As a specialist pre-sales you will be customer facing, engaged in first calls, meetings, presentations, PoC's, documentation, demos, and installs. You need to help accelerate the sales cycle, remove obstacles, and be the technical expert in the room. You will need to whiteboard, demo, present technical material, qualify, and quantify sales opportunities to different stakeholders within our customer’s organization, both technical and non-technical. You must have a wealth of experience with storage and virtualization pre-sales. This is a huge opportunity to make a massive positive impact to our customers, with compute virtualization、storage virtualization and network virtualization, as they continue the journey to SDDC and beyond.
- Drive VCF full stack SDDC technical evaluation and validation conversations, onsite and remote, including product demonstrations and Proof of Concepts (PoCs) directly with customers or partners
- Articulate domain and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Mentoring and enabling Field and Channel in Great China Region.
- Present VMware’s vision, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of compute virtualization, Software Defined Storage (SDS), and software defined network (SDN), industry directions, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive solutions and architectures.
- Maintain a full understanding of VMware’s wider vision and how VCF fits into it
- Sharing VCF technical knowledge in the VMware internal SE community
- Work in close collaboration with the Storage & Availability Business Unit, including Product Management, Product Marketing, etc.
- Solid experience in pre-sales storage technology and virtualization related work, including roles in Pre-sales, Technical Account Sales or IT Consulting
- Expertise in architecting the storage side of virtualized solutions of enterprise scale
- Experience in compute virtualization and SDN
- Great communication skills and personal skills with the ability to speak to crowds at all levels
Strong presentation skills and the ability to build and present high quality demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management and business continuity solutions a plus
- Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS tuning and networking problems
- Strong IT-infrastructure technical skills including x86 server platforms, network architectures, routing, Linux operating system expertise, SAN/NAS storage technologies
- Knowledge and experience in following areas: Virtual SAN, VxRail, Nutanix, Ceph or other SDS technologies.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- The role is based in the Shanghai, and the coverage will be Great China Region
- Fluent in English is a pre-requisites