Careers in Sales
Senior Solution Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1915218-1 掲載日 Nov. 15, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Business and Role Summary:
The Charter of the VMware Networking Virtualization & Security Business Unit (NSBU) Systems Engineering Organization is to be the dedicated Pre-Sales specialists driving the sales and adoption of VMware’s next generation network virtualization and security platform, VMware NSX. The team will work directly with NSBU Product Management & Engineering, the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware NSX in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware Networking Virtualization & Security Specialist, you are responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX. You will be focused on selling the value of VMware NSX into private, hybrid and public cloud environments.
If you think this is a good match for you, please read on and apply today! We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Present VMware’s vision and technologies, strategy, and product road-maps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of other competitive architectures
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects
- Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Network, Security and Cloud products
- Maintain, grow, and demonstrate technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers
- Understand and articulate the impact of NSX to a customer’s network, operations and future network and security architectures
- Travel: up to 50%
- 5+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales and customer-facing engineering work on large scale enterprises, government and/or service provider environments
- Deep understanding of what it takes to be a successful pre-sales system engineer
- Startup mentality
- Enthusiastic and engaging when presenting to customers, partners and internal audiences
- Ability to communicate with Networking, Security, and Cloud Architects
- Familiar with Switching, Routing, Traditional Hierarchical and Spine & Leaf architectures
- Possess hands-on and architecture experience with VMware vSphere
- Experience and/or deep understanding of at least one of the following systems: vRealize Automation (vRA), Kubernetes, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Next-Generation Firewalls and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems, AV, SIEM and IT GRC (Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance) in general
- Be comfortable with hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- Ability to run NSX Proof of Concepts on-site with customers and lead the entire activity
- Ability to deliver NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
Core Values and Traits:
- Integrity – Build Trust
- Passionate about technology (Challenge the Status Quo) and its impact on customers (We Make It Possible)
- Independent, with a desire to give back to your team (Do It Together) and community (Give More)
- Competitive by nature (We Compete with the Problems)
- Ability to explain very technical networking and security ideas to a broad range audience
- Ability to find solutions and practical options to remediate and reduce risk using different VMware products or processes
- Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation
VMware is an EPIC2 community (read about our values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms.
If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.