Careers in Sales
Senior Solution Engineer -SLED-VA-MD-DC今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910544-1 掲載日 Jul. 17, 2019
Senior Solutions Engineer-SLED
At VMware we currently have an excellent opportunity within our Sales Engineering organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer (SE) to join our team in the Maryland and DC Area
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team and help shape the future of business in a digital world? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As a VMware Solutions Engineer (SE) you will play a substantial role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions and exceeding our revenue goals. As an SE you will work closely with sales and extended teams to build business relationships and align with customers’ outcomes. As an SE your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding.
Location: This is a home office-based position and will require frequent travel to customer locations.
Travel: 50-70% (mostly regional)
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the field sales team to collaborate on customer solutions.
- Understand the customer's business objectives, and match VMware, and Other Partner solutions to achieve customer's business and technical requirements.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser for customers across all lines of business.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of customers' business and mission.
- Create and present solutions that address customers' needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions.
- Create and present demos that are aligned to customer needs
- Manage the planning and execution of customer Proof of Concepts as required
- Present VMware value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to partners and customer roles including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Pro-actively maintain expertise of VMware technologies via personal enablement and internal training offerings
- Maintain technical and business knowledge of cloud computing applications, industry direction, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings and architectures
- Work with customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution and build high-level architecture drawings.
- Assist with financial and infrastructure data collection and creation of customer ROI/TCO reports.
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers.
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions, and participate in demand generating events and activities.
- Provide consistent field reporting, and data input via Salesforce.com
- 8 or more years of experience in information technology (IT).
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in positioning/selling Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Strong technical comprehension of VMware technologies and the ability to stay current in the latest VMware and partner technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges.
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to partners.
- BA/BS required with Masters preferred.
- VCP or equivalent VMware hands-on experience highly preferred.
- Experience in State, Local Government and Education (SLED) market preferred.
- Experience with IT consolidation and technology integration projects which include VMware technology and 3rd party API integration or in a cloud native setting.
- Experience with public cloud or hybrid cloud architectures and services is highly desirable.