Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior Software Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914804 掲載日 Nov. 14, 2019
You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has a culture of open communication, collaboration, and innovation. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
Applicants are expected to be articulate, detail-oriented and highly analytical. You will be working with teams all across VMware. You will participate in all phases of product, including: gathering requirements/user stories, system architecture, the design/prototyping process, authoring specifications, implementation, and testing for features developed.
Applicants should exhibit experience in building distributed applications, APIs and fault-tolerant solutions. Members of the team focus on highly scalable solutions. Experience in the use of virtualisation and container as a key technology to design and implement applications that solve real-world problems is required.
- Be an individual contributor in an R&D development team working on the following areas:
- VMware Ecotools System Platform (ESP)
- The development work will include both frontend and backend with the following skill set requirements, mainly focusing on the following areas;
- Backend: Java, Spring Boot (or Play framework), Microservices architecture
- Familiarity with OAuth, JWT, SAML, SSO, Authentication, and Identity Federation
- Experience designing public web service APIs
- Familiar AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Other: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Git
- Collaborate with a group of software engineers (local and offshore) to deliver on software projects using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM).
- Work with internal customers (Product Management and Development) to gather requirements to deliver creative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Work with Infrastructure teams such as DevOps, ITOps, and Networking to drive high levels of customer satisfaction for tools engineering solutions.
- 5~7 years experience on designing and developing of highly reliable, available and distributed services.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
- Experience participating in agile and test driven development models.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong initiative and the desire to experiment with new technologies
- Hands-on experience with technologies and methodologies like: Java, OOP, MVC, and Play Framework
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus
- BS/MS degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent engineering