Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior SDET JAVA今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912845 掲載日 Oct. 14, 2019
The Position is open for Content Platform Development Team. The VMware Content Cloud Platform and Content SDK are enabling productivity tools for enterprise and fulfil the needs of employees accessing corporate content from anywhere. The VMware Content Platform is the next-gen cloud multi-tenant micro-service cloud platform that enables secure and containerized content access to corporate employees. With Content platform you'll be implementing a critical, real-time, distributed system that will be utilizing AI for various Content aspects.
Build and maintain the automation framework for testing large scale web application Design and implement the UI of the next generation architecture of VMware's virtualization products (Java backend )
Requirements: Good understanding and experience in testing techniques and toolset: JAVA, SCALA, Gatling, Selenium, TestNG, Karma, Junit, Jasmine Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery processes and the related toolset: Jenkins/Bamboo, Maven Good programming skills (Java, OOP; Scripting: Shell or Python). Implement and maintain all phases of the Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline. Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
A strong plus would be: Experience with enterprise architectures – remote method invocations, extensive XML usage, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL security, etc. Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service- Application-Presentation) Knowledge and experience with Virtualization technologies VMware offers
This role requires a highly motivated Software Engineer with a passion for Quality Engineering and Customer Advocacy. Engineer will design test cases (functional tests) based on the code changes, automate the test cases and integrate them into the continuous integration suite Initiate and drive cross team/functional activities that help in improving technical expertise among the teams. Drive Initiatives & Innovations that helps drive process and efficiency improvements. Analyse functional requirements for the product; understand customer use case scenarios and enhance as needed. Reproduce complex Customer problems and test customized releases to Customers Participate in bug triage activities; handle bugs, drive the activities for the bug to get a closure Design, implement, execute and maintain manual and automated tests in Python and Java
- 5+ years of strong industry development/automation experience in Selenium/Gatling/Selenide with Java or another OO language
- Hands on experience in python which is a plus
- Strong conceptual knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- A passion for building quality software and quality systems
- Working knowledge of one or more modern web development technologies including Spring and Hibernate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate effective collaboration both within the immediate team and across teams
- Organized and passionate about details; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- BE/MS Degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in working on environment with BDD and/or TDD (Behaviour/Test Driven Development) is a plus
- Experience in testing SAAS applications at scale.
- Understanding of Angular UI application is plus
- VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
- With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations globally. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.