Careers in Sales
Senior SD-WAN Systems Engineer SLED/Healthcare West今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1906920-4 掲載日 May. 22, 2019
SD-WAN market is very hot. Do you want to be part of a dynamic, self-starter, and talented group of Systems Engineers (SE)? This position presents unique opportunity to help our customers in their journey to transform their Wide Area Network (WAN), as they move more and more applications to the cloud. We learn something new every day and have lots of fun doing it.You will be the primary contact for all things technical with VMware's clients, partners, and prospects. You will work closely with VMware's clients to understand their business problems and help them develop the right technical solutions. As a result, you will form and further you relationship with technical decision makers at both client's and our partner's organizations.You will lead the discussions to make VMware client understand the value of our SD-WAN solution, how it fits into their network, and show them how to have a successful implementation as they take on the SD-WAN journey. You will have the full support of our product team, the rest of the sales organization and executive, to make great things happen for our clients.Focus and passion of our SE:
- Lead our clients through their SD-WAN network transformation
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution
- Enjoy presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstration, explaining the use cases, and being the smart guy in the room
- Build SD-WAN network design that makes our clients' networks simpler to manage, operate, and maintain
- Land and expand the size of the deployment, thus increasing the recurring revenue and hitting the sales objectives
- Foster long-term relationship with customers and our internal teams
- Listen to our customers and come up with creative ways to solve their problems, and bring the feedback to product team to continue improving our product
- Get to play with cool and cutting edge technologies every day
- Hustle and make things happen for VMware and our customers
- Craft realistic account plans and meeting the project criteria
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Be resourceful and up to date on the market and competitive landscape so we can help our customers make the right decision
- Coordinate and respond to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposal
- Lead the POCs, lab and field trials, and beta program
- Participate and present at roadshow and tradeshow, customer and partner training
- Network Industry Certification preferred such as CCIE is preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience are a requirement.
- 7+ years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services, particularly through Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Systems Integrators for enterprise markets.
- 3+ years of experiences in customer facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise network, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 50% travel requirements
- BS Computer Science or higher required
The Systems Engineer engages a multi-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical specialists and product managers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from the customer. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons.VMware is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for you. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.VMware, is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Review. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.#hiringVeloCloud
This position is eligible for the JoinSDDC referral campaign