Careers in Finance
Senior Revenue Analyst今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1811060 掲載日 Nov. 17, 2018
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our software forms a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.
Job Role and Responsibility
The VMware Revenue Assurance team is seeking a hardworking, collaborative Finance Analyst for a Senior Revenue Analyst position reporting to the Revenue Manager. Specific responsibilities will depend on your skill set, but will primarily include the review and structuring of enterprise license agreements. Additional activities may include, preparation of internal and external reporting schedules, accounting position memos, revenue related journal entries, quarter close activities and other ad hoc projects. Are you ready to join our rapidly growing company with opportunity for learning and professional advancement?
- In this role you will critically evaluate customer requests and provide well-reasoned solutions to enable management, in coordination with sales, legal, finance and all other cross-functional partners, to successfully conclude sales opportunities
- During contract negotiations, you will interpret and evaluate business cases including ability to develop & use fallback options
- You will work closely with sales management, legal and sales operations to ensure proper compliance with revenue recognition rules and guidelines
- You will review customer contracts and purchase orders to identify potential revenue recognition issues and ensure proper revenue treatment
- For non-standard deal structures you will prepare the revenue accounting position memo and journal entries as needed
- As needed you will assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests
- Throughout the quarter you will assist with other accounting projects/areas as necessary
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general revenue documents and contracts.
- Understanding of ASC 606 and US GAAP Accounting Standards.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid PC skills with excellent Excel skills
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA, and Big 4 Accounting Experience
- 2-5 years experience in software revenue accounting
- Oracle and SAP system experience & RevStream